Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-10-2006, 02:00 PM   #71

This was the first (and best) RPG game i've ever played. :brain:
The world of albion is misterious and exciting.
I've got it know as i was 7jears old... wow.... how :w00t: amazing.
There is no comparible PC game.

Old 28-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #72
duckpatch
Game freak

I've always wanted to make a fansite for it.... I will keep dreaming
duckpatch is offline                         Send a private message to duckpatch
Old 04-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #73
Mousazz
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Contented but feeling sorta sill @ May 21 2005, 02:06 AM) [snapback]108915[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Got it!
Right, for those of you who, like me, have been getting the "please insert cd" message over and over and have tried all the solutions offered here so far, I think I have an answer for you.
Use Winrar not Winzip to extract the files. Yes, it was that simple for me.
When you use winzip, all the files are extracted together in a big bundle, which is why you'll get the message "xxx file already exists, do you wish to replace it?". Winrar will extract the files into their designated subfolders.
From there, run setup with VDMsound and set digital to roland and midi to soundblaster. Then run the albion.bat file, using VDMsound again.
Problem solved (for me at least)
Hope it works for you too
[/b]
thanks
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 13-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #74

Hi there...

I really loved Albion, when I first played it. Imagine how excited I was when I found abandonia! I d/led the Albion version on the site and managed to run it using DosBOX. Theres only one problem: after the assassination, when Dirr joins the party, the game crashes. Ive tried running it on different computers, some of them old enough to run it without any emulators... everywhere the same problem.

Does anyone know how to avoid the crashes? Or maybe there are some savegames from right after the assassination? please?

Old 15-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #75
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

My experience is that it runs more stable when you configure it for using it under XP (if you have XP, that is...). There was this manual for doing that somewhere on the forum.... I'm afraid I can't remember its location.
Old 19-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #76
Slick42

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 13 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]274751[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi there...

I really loved Albion, when I first played it. Imagine how excited I was when I found abandonia! I d/led the Albion version on the site and managed to run it using DosBOX. Theres only one problem: after the assassination, when Dirr joins the party, the game crashes. Ive tried running it on different computers, some of them old enough to run it without any emulators... everywhere the same problem.

Does anyone know how to avoid the crashes? Or maybe there are some savegames from right after the assassination? please?
[/b]
Hi

I had at first the same ingame problem with DB 0.65. The second time i try the seqence i asked Frill all of the three questions and every question posible in the submenue. Then it suddenly works without any changes.

Old 30-01-2007, 05:04 AM   #77

Huh guys, i have a question. Where the hell can I find the Diamond Polishers Guild in Umajo-Kenta. There'r only 2 guilds and no more T_t

Old 06-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #78

Am I just beeing stupid, or have I missed something? How do I buy stuff? Those cat-like creatures tells me where the shops are, but all I can do is talk to them, not buy anything.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #79
Jay
Talking

I get the program to start, and what happens is.... well it looks like when you are messing around with the tuning on your old tv. The images are sort of scrolling up and I cant control the cursor. I get to the menu screen and cant advance. Any suggestions..... anybody...

Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #80
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Are you running it in Dos or Windows?
If in Windows, are you using VDMSound or DOSBox?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman