Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 AM   #501
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Does anyone have a keywords file that isn't from Might and Magic III? Because that doesn't appear to always work. Some keywords are missing, and it seems to be the only file that's been uploaded.

Last edited by Borodin; 11-08-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 11-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #502
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by the review
When you run the game, click 'Go.Bat' because it's cracked. When you are asked the manual questions, type anything and hit Enter. But be sure to type something when asked.
?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #503
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I didn't even know it had copy protection. I've only ever played the CD version and I guess they removed copy protection for it.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #504
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxor127 View Post
I didn't even know it had copy protection. I've only ever played the CD version and I guess they removed copy protection for it.
The copy protection only comes into effect if you try to swap worlds or enter Castle Burlak. Then you're asked for a word from the manual, based on a page/line/word number. The problem is that many of the keywords which were accurate for M&M III and not accurate for M&M IV. Last night, for instance, I tried entering the Castle for the first time in my current run through, and hit 3 keywords in a row that weren't in the keyword file. Fourth attempt took.
Old 18-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #505
trh
Lurker

Default Ellingers Tower

having trouble in Ellingers Tower. i made it to the 4th level with no problems. i can not find Ellinger. i am not able to open or bash the two gates on level 3 and level 4. im guessing he is behind one of the gates, but i can not open them. anyone know what i am doing wrong?

trh
trh is offline                         Send a private message to trh
Old 18-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #506
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
The problem is that many of the keywords which were accurate for M&M III and not accurate for M&M IV. Last night, for instance, I tried entering the Castle for the first time in my current run through, and hit 3 keywords in a row that weren't in the keyword file. Fourth attempt took.
AFAIK, all keyword must be in manual for CD-version. You said about this lists, or there are exist some other?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 18-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #507
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trh View Post
having trouble in Ellingers Tower. i made it to the 4th level with no problems. i can not find Ellinger. i am not able to open or bash the two gates on level 3 and level 4. im guessing he is behind one of the gates, but i can not open them. anyone know what i am doing wrong?
The gates on level 4 can be lockpicked or bashed with enough thieving skill or strength, but they only lead to valuable boots.
The gates on level 3 can also be opened this way, but you can get past them by thinking instead. It's some kind of riddle, the gates close if you enter certain spots, pushing levers and maybe using a jump spell should get you to the other stairs to level 4.
If you can't find out what to do there you can return later with more thieving skill, each level grants +2.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 18-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #508
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
AFAIK, all keyword must be in manual for CD-version. You said about this lists, or there are exist some other?
The crack doesn't work, and no manual is included in the download. So when I'm asked for a keyword, there's no manual to use. I have used the keyword file for M&M 3, that has been uploaded to several other sites with M&M 4/5.
Old 19-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #509
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
So when I'm asked for a keyword, there's no manual to use. I have used the keyword file for M&M 3, that has been uploaded to several other sites with M&M 4/5.
CD-version included two pdf's with equal lists. Second is pure keywords: three pages of keywords for 3,4,5. So it seems, it is the file in question. How strange, that it not covers actual game...
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 20-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #510
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
CD-version included two pdf's with equal lists. Second is pure keywords: three pages of keywords for 3,4,5. So it seems, it is the file in question. How strange, that it not covers actual game...
Stranger still, there's only 1 PDF available through the manual download for World of Xeen, and it includes no pure keywords list---just the manual. The game download itself has no PDF files.

Last edited by Borodin; 20-08-2009 at 02:40 AM.