Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:53 AM   #51
TSchellhous

Dude I apologize for my noobness...of course that was the problem :wallbash: I was choosing the wrong display setting. Thanks for the help!
TSchellhous is offline                         Send a private message to TSchellhous
Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #52
lewdtenant

I had this game when it first came out. At one point in the game I could not take 2-3 steps without getting into a battle. It made the game unplayable. I went back to the game one day and was checking around and found out why. Man was that lame. LOL!

One of the handful of games I finished with my bro in the 80s.
lewdtenant is offline                         Send a private message to lewdtenant
Old 13-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #53
omikron48
Lurker

wow. this game takes me back. used to play this around th time i was still using lotus123 for word processing.

can anyone help point out the money locations in the game? or are they random per game restart?

or better yet, how to hex edit money in the game?
omikron48 is offline                         Send a private message to omikron48
Old 13-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #54
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Random, yes. File GAME#, offset 0D5D, 4-byte. 7777 7777 doesn't look random, is easy to type and gives a nice amount of C-Bills near to the limit but not to near (so you don't go negative by earning even a little more).

Last edited by Luchsen; 13-01-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Luchsen is offline                         Send a private message to Luchsen
Old 13-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #55
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can also edit mechs in the game. See http://sarna.net/wiki/Crescent_Hawks.../Hacking_Guide for more information - while the offsets there apply to the amiga version of the game, their relative layout remains the same.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #56
johnnypeebles

Default help

anybody have a full control list for this game?
johnnypeebles is offline                         Send a private message to johnnypeebles
Old 12-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #57
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The cursor keys, escape, spacebar and enter.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #58
Bugger

Unhappy Crescent Hawks Inception

can't down load game it go's to next link then says forbidden
Bugger is offline                         Send a private message to Bugger
Old 29-03-2008, 10:55 PM   #59
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

fixed ____
Old 17-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #60
RANDOMMATE
Lurker

Yeah, i remember playing this aged 14 and that mission and realising the walls shut down so you could escape.. brilliant little game advancer.. problem was when the techs wouldn't upgrade nor repair damaged actuators.. so i found two things..

1) you could easily "upgrade" by hacking the save game (make a copy first).. (i had no idea of programming but did have pctools-original) if you are still playing try it.. open using any hex/ascii editor and look for your mech name - the only thing you will recognise (can change BRING ON THE ATLAS!!) ... weapon codes are all numbers in the range 01-20something from memory.. internal/external armour codes are there to.. body parts all deliniated by 0000 OR FFFF or something for layout.. just watch out as the armour tends to go nuts in the visual layout and actual use senses - funny thing is Infocom built in suport for ALL the battletech weapons.. including PPCs and LRMs .. it makes it very fun.. till the techs wont replace ammo anyway..

2) with the original disk version (and i guess if you could virtual disk it somehow) i made two copies of each disk.. each time you entered a "insert other disk map" you could do the event (and gain weapons etc) multiple times by swapping which disk you used.

oh and theres a 3) but this is just abusing the game play - when you find the comstar trading building invest 1/2 your c-bills into the risky shares, half into the safe shares and then go back to the world map, walk to a remote spot and go mow the lawn or something.. when you get back you are either a millionaire or broke in the risky and relatively wealthy in the safe shares.. repeat.. the share values seem alter every 3 minutes or so (on an cga, Amstrad 512, 4mhz 086 beast (unfortunately no turbo button...))

haha the memories.. thats it.. im going back... wheres my vibroblade for when i wake up in that kurita invasion?

(just found this so good - http://sarna.net/wiki/Crescent_Hawks.../Hacking_Guide)
RANDOMMATE is offline                         Send a private message to RANDOMMATE