Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
keropi_666

Arrow D'India shareware titles - lost in time?

Hiya!
Anyone remember those old DOS shareware games by D'India software... ?Demos are found relatively easily, registered versions seems to have vanished

D'India produced games like Darkwolf, Zipman, Aro... check the following youtube vids if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkkhNKcvGY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4DX05cNUs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ufKg1oyoI

in the last vid description the uploader states that D'India made these titles too:
Diamond Peter
Wibbles II
Aro II
Zipman I & II
Zipfire I & II
Zipgem
Teddyball
Hero I & II
Zipteam Super Pack

anyone have them? I remember them, especially Darkwolf... it is not an uber-awesome game but it is nice .... it brings back lots of memories... I have searched for any sign of D'India, even searched the main author's name (John Paul D'India) and I have found.... nothing
Can anyone help in any way? Thanks!
keropi_666 is offline                         Send a private message to keropi_666
Old 16-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

To be honest I never heard about either the company nor the games, though I knew quite a lot of shareware titles and companies back in the 90's.
The only mentioning of one game made by this company, Aro, can be found at Mobygames, here. Not much else can be found on Google about it.
Also have a look at this profile on Abandonia and here on Amazon. Maybe you can contact him for any info.

Finally some quotes from a (removed now) review on John Paul India on Mobygames. Thanks Google for preserving a part of it.
Quote:
John Paul D'India has been credited on games developed by the following companies: D'India Software, ZIPTEAM and Midnight Synergy
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 16-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
keropi_666

thanks Scatty, I have actually found the Amazon profile (forgot yo mention it) and even registered to Amazon in hopes that there is a way to send a message to John Paul... I have found to option whatsoever to send a message!!!??! either I am blind or there is no way... do you happen to know something about that?
keropi_666 is offline                         Send a private message to keropi_666
Old 16-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Unfortunately not, I never used Amazon for anything so not even registered there. But try through this link, maybe it helps more (use Add to Interesting People above).
Old 16-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
keropi_666

I have no idea either
I have him already in my "friend list" and the "more actions" (yeah right... more useless it should be) only has those options:
* Unmark as Amazon Friend
* Remove from Interesting People

time to google more on the amazon matter me thinks..

edit: it appears he must accept my friendship request in order to contact him , since he chose not to be contacted by other means in amazon.com

also his amazon location ( San Francisco, CA United States) matches his address in his old games!!!! this really must be him! I hope I can contact him somehow...

Last edited by keropi_666; 16-12-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 16-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Here's few more sites (old entries I think) on what Google could spit out about him. Not much there is to find about him, unfortunately.
But you can try contacting him through his adress or the e-mail adress listed on one of those. Might be too old though, and not valid anymore.
Link 1
Link 2

On that FTP, stuff that can be downloaded in case of interest.
Link
Edit: and here a game from him, Dark Wolf. Shareware though, it seems.

Last edited by Scatty; 16-12-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 16-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
keropi_666

tried the email and as expected:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

dindia@netcom.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 dindia@netcom.com...User unknown (state 14).

I am not sure about the address... write him a letter? LOL

btw, thanks a mil scatty for all your efforts, I really appreciate them!
Old 16-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well you could write him a letter. Worst thing that can happen is that it will be delivered back to you or gets lost if not being able to be delivered. Also be sure to browse the links above for more stuff of him like that 4Gen game (game_by_team folder) and maybe more.
Old 16-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
keropi_666

I am considering the snail mail option ATM... I see no other chance for now maybe he still lives there
Old 17-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #10
The one who flew

Pretty good music in those games. I would play almost anything that sounds like that, so nostalgic! Aro looks like pretty much the same game as Zipman though.
The one who flew is offline                         Send a private message to The one who flew