Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #151
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

This is the worst excuse for an adventure game I have ever played. This is bad even for Sierra. So many dead ends that the game is almost unplayable.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 13-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #152
jamesatighe

Default Epic and average

I remember getting this when it came out and thought it was awesome.

Had the CD version so I was blown away by the speech, and at the time the graphics were some of the best seen.

Played it all the way through and I seem to remember really enjoying it. However I played it again the other day and couldn't believe how hard it was! I struggle to understand how on earth I managed to complete this without a guide! There were so many dead ends and 'oh I missed that object' type situations.

From a nostalgia point of view it still holds a special place in my heart but I have to agree with previous posters that it is far too complex in places and this really damages the game.
jamesatighe is offline                         Send a private message to jamesatighe
Old 18-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #153
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have to agree with this, Kings Quest has never been my favourite Sierra series for just this reason. 5 to me seems to be the worst of the lot, with rather out there puzzles and many many dead ends that require restarts. Compared to 6 this game is very very bad, but still worth a play now and then to remind myself of what a bad Adventure game is.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86