Go Back   Forums > Graveyard > Trash Can
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-08-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'd love to see more fantasy adventure games on the site.

One good one I've played (but don't have) that other adventurers might like is Kingdom: The Far Reaches. HOTU has it so it must be abandonware. However their title is a CD rip and is unplayable as they've taken out all the video sequences which are needed to play the game. Kingdom is mostly composed of video sequences, unfortunately. If this site were prepared to take it on, they'd need over a 100 meg of space.

Other than the Sierras, Zorks and Atlantis, and the Lucas titles, does anyone know of any great fantasy adventure games?
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 27-08-2004, 09:44 AM   #2
TheVoid
Home Sweet Abandonia

I LOVE Fantasy!!!!

I'd also be glad to see more fantasy adventure games, but I think the only word "adventure" would make our beloved Kosta sick (I think he had too much of it, lately).

However, never say never....You're in the crew, so you could put a good word about it.

Have you ever tried "Shannara"? It's an adventure game based on the second book of the trilogy "The Sword of Shannara" by Terry Brooks.
There's a full-cd version available at HOTU, but it's rather big (180 megs or so).
If you've a broadband and are a Shannara fan, don' hesitate to get it!
If not, well, give it a try.

P.S "Adventuronia" is not a bad name
TheVoid is offline                         Send a private message to TheVoid
Old 27-08-2004, 12:03 PM   #3
FreeFreddy

Well, I guess, as Betrayal at Krondor can be seen as half RPG, half Adventure, it matches the request... I have it on the CD with the music, but it also has the Midi-music as well, so probably it wouldn't need the CD with music set to Midi. So I could test it out with the CD-absence and upload, when needed.

Old 28-08-2004, 04:48 AM   #4
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by TheVoid@Aug 27 2004, 09:44 AM
I LOVE Fantasy!!!!

High five, there, Void

Wish there were more fantasy games out there. I remember once being at a computer swop meet and finding a 5 CD set fantasy game, but it was expensive so I decided not to go ahead. I can't remember the name of it, but I've never seen anything like it since, so I wish I could have bought it. Cryo brought out The Ring after Atlantis, and it was on a 5 CD set, but it seemed kind of tedious so I never finished it. I seemed to be forever swopping CDs. Shannara I haven't heard of, but will try it as you suggested. Broadband? I live out in the country where the local exchange isn't even Broadband ready

wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 28-08-2004, 04:51 AM   #5
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Aug 27 2004, 12:03 PM
Well, I guess, as Betrayal at Krondor can be seen as half RPG, half Adventure, it matches the request... I have it on the CD with the music, but it also has the Midi-music as well, so probably it wouldn't need the CD with music set to Midi. So I could test it out with the CD-absence and upload, when needed.
That would be awesome, FreeFreddy. Thanks :w00t: If you'd like someone to review, I'd be glad to.
Old 28-08-2004, 08:44 AM   #6
FreeFreddy

No need, I like this game and so played it often enough, so I can do it.

Old 29-08-2004, 11:47 AM   #7
FreeFreddy

OK, it's up, all you have to do, is to wait when it becomes available for download. For all of you who doesn't want to wait, but get the game immediately, PM me and I'll give you the link where you can download it.

Old 29-08-2004, 01:04 PM   #8
unclefester
Game freak

I think that there are enough adventures all redy why do'nt you focus to other genres like puzzles, sports and simulators that are by far the less represented

P.S. FreeFreddy how can unload the Falco imgs in Opera I am bored seeing them
unclefester is offline                         Send a private message to unclefester
Old 29-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #9
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

You still have to remember that although there are a lot of them all of the adventure games are different and good in their own right and this thread proves that they do have lots of fans on this site.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 29-08-2004, 01:18 PM   #10
unclefester
Game freak

I also like adventures especially sierra but i think the site has gotten of track. Soon abandonia will have only adventures
unclefester is offline                         Send a private message to unclefester