Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #21

Some body mentioned that most games are based in america, this is totaly untrue, most games aren't, looking through recent games the only ones that realy stand out in my mind are the GTA games. However I think more games are based in other worlds, such as most fantasy games (baulders gate, NWN etc) or action and fps games such as halo or unreal tournament. But most stratergy games take place in more than one country, such as total war, or the classic civilization. However there are far too many games that have american lead characters, very patriotic ones to say the least, too many shoot the terrorist games are out at the moment. Although, it is nice to see centric Indian games, I think 19th century India is one of the most interesting periods of time in any country and many games could be made about it, I think it would make a fantastic total war game, well a remake of risk would be nice to see.
And to remark on teh cricket, it isn't only big in India, as a Brit I can tell you its pritty damm big here in Britain, the whole Ashes series at the moment and all. But just becuase the sport isn't popular doesn't mean the sport isn't played, many games are huge in the UK, based on sports such as basket ball, american football, baseball and ice hockey, none of which are very big in this country.

"Where else do you find gunfighters, assassins, royalty, barbarians, the most civilized races in the world, intense politics, and many other intrigueing things"
+Gunfighters - there is only so many times you can play westerns, but what about sword fighters in medievial europe?
+Royalty - erm? The hole country is based on anti-royalty
+Barbarians - agains only so many westerns, and most of the world had "barbarians"
+Most civilisied race - Realy? In what way is it more civilised than western europe?
+Intense Politics - Hardly, and when did politics make a good game?
=America doesn't make a good stage for computer games, 19th century india makes are far superior stage for a computer game.

anyway thats my two cents.

Old 11-09-2005, 11:26 PM   #22

what do you do to download it
:help:

Old 12-09-2005, 06:56 AM   #23
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 11 2005, 11:26 PM
what do you do to download it
:help:
Get somebody to fix the link. Seems like it was broken during the server change...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 19-03-2007, 12:47 AM   #24
Kruse

I can't get past the copy protection. Does anyone have a manual or something for this game?
Kruse is offline                         Send a private message to Kruse
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #25
QuePaciencia
Default Anti-white racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyam View Post
At least it is a game about India. There should be more games made about our subcontinent. There is a lot more mystery and adventure to be found here then in entire northern America, yet there are only a few games taking place in India and almost every game taking place in the US.
I can't stand these inferority complexes from 3rd world countries!

The indian aren't as bad as the blacks, but geez!

The problem is the way History is taught in these countries makes people hate white people.

It's NOT TRUE most games are about America, or even the West. Many "Western" produced games involve other cultures, much more than non-Western produced games. For instance, indians are so nationalistic and chauvinistic that you only think about making games about India!

It's also NOT TRUE that india has a 5000 year old history. India is ~50 years old. Before that, you had independant Indian countries. I mean, if you're going to count that as being part of the Indian Union, then other "countries" also have a 5000 year old history.

Just put this on your minds, the West is not out to get you! Most people here don't even know you exist. The West is not England!

There your have the politically incorrect truth!

Old 18-04-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
Default WTF

People - pleas stop arguing about India and America. Talk about the game !!!

A) Where to get the copy protection codes and ...

B) I'm using Win Xp and my mouse is crawling across the screen. No way to get serious in that tiger hunt or probably sime other stuff still to come ... Is there any way to fix it ??? I'll try dosbox next but still the copy protection is hurting ...

Can anyone help me

Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
Aldarinn

First and foremost, I, like most of the sensible world, utterly despise discrimination in all its forms, whether it be anti-black, anti-white, or anti fucking whatever.... I just don't get what the fucking point to it is...

Several games are based in the US or Europe or have such protagonists for the simple reason that these nations develop the most games, perhaps second only to Japan.

And someone stated that India's got merely a 50 year old history. He should consider attending decent English classes if he didn't really mean to say what he said, and if he meant it, he should take some real history lessons from real teachers. All in all, the person concerned is painfully deficient in schooling.
Aldarinn is offline                         Send a private message to Aldarinn
Old 20-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #28
josd
Default game

This is a good game, I played it on the Amiga in 1992 but the dos version surprised me as it's even better (with roland sound and VGA).
Forget about all this arguing about India, it's like the english, the English.Sheep.Shaggers. as we call them here in Europe, arguing with the Scots.
Also it's rare for a PC game back in 91 to actually play better with a Joystick than keyboard controls.

Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #29
Arya Sindh
Smile Wow. You are REALLLY ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis Celt Dragon View Post
There is more intrigue in United States and that is why most games take place, not to mention most game makers are in the United States. Where else do you find gunfighters, assassins, royalty, barbarians, the most civilized races in the world, intense politics, and many other intrigueing things. Unlike india which has only a few of those intrigueing things.
Oh My dear man, You have NO idea how much more of those things we have. Its just that westerners are ignorant and make up there own history about India. We have 10x times better the things you have just said. And if you're a person who goes for the greatest underrated, you should check out the stuff India has to offer. From grand ancient wars of the Mahabharata to intense modern day conspiracies and terrorist gun-fighting awesomeness like the Naxalites! Royalties of the South assinating the north, Xhartia migration tales, Snakestan Lords. India was Highest First World Civilization since ancient times with SOOO many things happening. Mystery, Black Magick priest, war mages etc... The most INTENSE and oldest martial art (Kalari). You have NOOOOOO idea about the awesome intriguing history of India my little ignorant western friend!

Old 30-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #30
HERPITY
Default hey

would you idiots stop bickering and put the manual?