Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Nowhere Girl

Default Is there any "trick" to run non-PC games on D-Fend Reloaded?

As in the title... On the one hand - maybe there's no reason for it to exist, but yet D-Fend Reloaded also allows Scumm VM profiles and profiles for Windows-based games... I use it to be able to access technically diverse games from the same program... and also to keep a screenshot collection. Maybe it's a waste of time, but I'm just amazed with this DFR function.
The game I'm thinking about is "Crystal Kingdom Dizzy", tha last official Dizzy game (until the recent "Prince of the Yolkfolk" remake) and one of the few Dizzy games which didn't have a PC version. I have the Amiga version. However, Amiga emulator (I use WinFellow) is uncomfortable to use, much more complicated than D-Fend, also the older version, and maybe even more uncomfortable than "raw" Dosbox. And, of course, not being able to connect it to DFR prevents me from keeping a screenshot collection for this game too, and "Crystal Kingdom Dizzy" had really nice graphics...
Again - not that I expect such a "trick" to exist, but if DFR can "do" Scumm VM profiles and Windows profiles, then it doesn't seem impossible that it could also be connected to an Amiga emulator...
Nowhere Girl is offline                         Send a private message to Nowhere Girl
Old 26-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

If I were you I'd look for a different Amiga emulator, if WinFellow doesn't satisfy you.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 28-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

WinUAE is the most widely regarded Amiga emulator.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker