Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #11
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
The creator-Cliff Johnson- is making a sequel that's due out in July. You can check out his website at http://www.fools-errand.com.
Lets hope it will be as good as this.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 05-05-2005, 01:23 PM   #12
Nosferrath
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to Nosferrath Send a message via MSN to Nosferrath

This is a pretty hard game but it kept in front of my computer for a few hours.
Nosferrath is offline                         Send a private message to Nosferrath
Old 06-05-2005, 03:53 AM   #13
NightOwwl

I love this game so much! I played it when it was first released and although it took me a long time I actually finished without ever looking at a hint! There are some tough puzzles, but if you get stuck there are hints and a manual at Cliff Johnson's website.

Manual: http://www.fools-errand.com/01-the-fools-e...tion-manual.htm

Hints: http://www.thefoolsgold.com/hints-answers/index.htm

If you like 'The Fool's Errand' you will also like 'At the Carnival' which is available for download at his website.

NightOwwl is offline                         Send a private message to NightOwwl
Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #14
Rav3n

For some reason on the knights of wand puzzle, I've got the answer in, but it wont complete.. anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #15
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It worked all right for me... Have you checked all the letters in the cryptogram?

This game is an amazing time-waster, by the way. Great fun.k:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 19-06-2005, 07:23 AM   #16
Modus Pwnens

Quote:
Originally posted by Rav3n@May 12 2005, 05:56 PM
For some reason on the knights of wand puzzle, I've got the answer in, but it wont complete.. anyone else have this problem?
I had the same problem. I just remixed up all the letters and did it over, it accepted it the second time. (No, there were no errors in my solution, I had triple-checked it.)

Old 25-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #17
The Fool's Daughter

First off, this is an amazing game! k:

Many years ago, (I think I was in elementary or middle school at the time) my family owned an old mac. One Saturday afternoon while playing around on the computer I found this game "The Fools Errand". I asked my dad when we had got it, yet he had no idea how it had came to be on the computer. With interest I opened the game up and started exploring. Although I had no concept of how the game worked or what the objective was, I did get the general idea of what was goign on (yes, even at such a young age.) Often times, the puzzles were too difficult for me alone, but I found help in my older cousins and eventually my own family. Unfortunately we never solved the whole game due to getting a new computer. It is with great pleasure I've found the game to download again and give it another try. I love the game then, and love the game now. It is sad that more people don't know about this game. With such a timeless storyline and ever challenging puzzles, its a shame more modern games don't model themselves after it. However, I look forward to the next installment, and of course, have pre-ordered the game!

Thanks for lending your ear! Cheers to the Fool!

Old 02-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #18
Kyp

Is it just for me or is anybody else having a big graphic problem for the puzzle named : The 3rd key of Thoth ?
I don't know if the problem come from my computer (so I'll never be able to complete this game ) or if I need to do something else before. Could someone help me, please ?

Old 27-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
Karterian

One of my faves nowadays. Hated this one back in 1989 or so. Well, i wasnt in to puzzle games back then. Now i am 34 and play this game nearly everday.
Karterian is offline                         Send a private message to Karterian