Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2005, 12:43 AM   #21
strangelove
Abandonia nerd

Nice to see this old gem again, I think it played better on the Atari ST though I couldn't give a good reason for thinking that.
strangelove is offline                         Send a private message to strangelove
Old 13-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #22
Domine

Did anyone ever finish this game?

I loved it but dont think I ever got further than half the map, IIRC there were about 10 maps i couldnt do which held me up no-end *shrug*

Old 21-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #23
Goodguy

How do i install and run in dos? i have the cd, and its installed, but how do i run it? i get as far as cd\ea\power. after that everything i type in says "bad command or file name"

Old 02-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #24
rabsol1

Anyone know how to get the proper numbers to enter at startup (PC edition, CD), so the game will be unlocked for play? I just received a copy of Powermonger/Populous 2 on original CD from Amazon.com (cost, $.01, shipping, $3.50, LOL) and have no map from which to reference the needed unlock codes. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! k:

Brian, Oliver Springs, TN

Old 27-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #25

Is this game ever likely to become available via download?
It seems odd that Pop1 and Pop2 are available, but not Powermonger.

I still have my copy (including the manual with the small "copy protection" maps) but the game is on diskettes and I don't have a diskette reader any more.

Old 18-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #26

I remember playing this on the SEGA... Now I'm going to inflict pain on myself for not downloading it before stupid ESA stepped in...

Old 09-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #27
Sir Rasor

Official: "Release Date June 1, 1990"

Old 20-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #28

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 27 2005, 11:50 AM) [snapback]192439[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is this game ever likely to become available via download?
It seems odd that Pop1 and Pop2 are available, but not Powermonger.

I still have my copy (including the manual with the small "copy protection" maps) but the game is on diskettes and I don't have a diskette reader any more.
[/b]

I am in the exact same boat. I keep searcing around work in hopes I find a comp with an old floppy reader, but even then I doubt I could convert it to any usable form.

I used to love this game too.

Old 21-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Floppy drives are $4 apiece in about every computer store. The USB FDD drives costs a bit more, but are still quite accessible.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #30
Rich

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norton @ May 6 2005, 10:15 AM) [snapback]104512[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey guys, was a BIG fan of this game back in the day, have recently started to use the WinUAE program to play old amiga games and have been having problems with the save disk function on Powermonger. Was wondering if anyone here could help..?

Have created a save disk using the WinUAE and put it into the df0: location when it asks, I ask it to format the 'blank' first and it says is write protected (even though it's not!) i made sure teh file was unchecked of the properties of 'read only' and 'archive' but still no joy...

has anyone got a preformatted disk i could try or a save disk from this game??

Would appreciate the help.. booting up some of these games really takes me back and would be good to try them again. (wipes a fond memory tear from my eye remembering the many lost hours I spent on the old Amiga A500).

thanks for any help... (ps was wondering if anyone had a supremacy save disk too...)
[/b]
Create a 'non-standard' floppy from within WinUAE. When in the game, select to format the disk you have created and it can be used to save your games.