Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
x8_Azrael_8x

Lightbulb x8_Azrael_8x: FABLE 1996

I have the original copy of Fable (box and all) and my GF wanted to play it. Obviously, getting it to run on Windows 7 or 8 is a pain, but since I had dosbox installed I figured I'd download the abandonia version.

Well, everything worked out of the box EXCEPT there's no speech! I researched and figured out that the Speech.DAT file was missing. Well, I still have that file, so I added it to my local copy of the abandonia version. Still no speech! ....more research... Finally managed to produce a version that will check for speech!

I now have the full Fable.zip file w/ speech that will work out of the box. If you guys want me to upload it, let me know. It's worth noting that people have complained about this issue since 2006.
x8_Azrael_8x is offline                         Send a private message to x8_Azrael_8x
Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sure. How big is it?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or even better: is it possible to provide Speech.zip, that can be simply unpacked in same directory and speech will be added to the game?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

I guess if the complete package isn't too big, we prefer that, rather than keeping the current version with an extra download for the speech.

The speech was removed on purpose at the time, but nowadays we can host bigger archives, up to 300 MB.

Our review also mentions that the music is also ripped out, can you add that also?

Why not using your version (if it's not bigger than 300 MB) instead of trying to de-rip the one we currently have? It makes more sense.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, you're right, now we can probably host full game.
Old 16-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #6
luke_z_gangz
Lurker

Red face Created an account for this:

YES Please upload the speech and music file if you can, I want to stream the game. I can do without music but speech please. We would be eternally grateful.
luke_z_gangz is offline                         Send a private message to luke_z_gangz