I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Default Birthright - The Gorgon's Alliance

Birthright - The Gorgon's Alliance

Info: MobyGames

Download(s):
  • 4shared [CloneCD] [477 MB] +Boxshots +Patch
Uploaded by: Ermuli

Last edited by Professor Oak; 12-10-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added alternative link
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 29-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
Mike_B20

This is an excellent strategy game.
Once one gets used to the interface, the adventuring is also well designed and fun, even if the graphics are a bit dated.
The voice acting is a bit corny.
"I'll get on that right away" LOL

All up :thumbs:
Mike_B20 is offline                         Send a private message to Mike_B20
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Axiom
Forum hobbit

How to install this?

I downloaded everything, I try to mount it in Dosbox

mount d c:\birthright -t cdrom

it cannot find the cd.

There is a CCD file and a CUE file and I try clicking on those and I get an error about incompatibility issue with windows 64 bit

Any ideas?
Axiom is offline                         Send a private message to Axiom
Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
How to install this?

I downloaded everything, I try to mount it in Dosbox

it cannot find the cd.

There is a CCD file and a CUE file and I try clicking on those and I get an error about incompatibility issue with windows 64 bit

Any ideas?
I assume you mounted the image in Daemon Tools or the like and tried to mount that drive? In that case try -t cdrom -ioctl. If it still gives the error, check the volume label of the disc, and use the option for mount where you can give a name to the volume you mount, make it the same as the virtual drive reads.

Since it has a cue file, you could also try using imgmount to mount the iso directly in dosbox, should use the correct volume label then.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post

it cannot find the cd.

Two errors.

1. You need to mount disc C: for, well, HDD. I think, you did it? But you need to have access to content of disc image, not files of image itself! (CCD and CUE). So your d mount will accomplish nothing.

2. So you need some means of emulating program to access real content of this disk - and, it seems, you have nothing. You can directly mount disk with imgmount, or emulate it with Daemon Tools. I, personally, recommend you second case, as it will give you access to more image formats and, well, will allow you to mount your images with simple double click.

Only remember: mounting image is like inserting real CD in virtual CD-drive. You will need to mount this CD-drive in DOSBox afterwards. (Of course, if it's internal mount of imgmount, you will not need to mount it second time .
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 09-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Axiom
Forum hobbit

First off thanks for the reply,

Second, sorry... I should have mentioned that the image was mounted in daemon tools. So it was mounted but it still kept saying it cannot find the CD.

The sad thing is I managed to get Daggerfall working and that game took a lot of tinkering. This one stumps me for some reason.

So, mounting in Daemon tools? Check.
Mount d c:\birthright -t cdrom to emulate the cdrom drive? Check!

When I type dir I see the contents of the directory so i know i am in the right place.

Run the executable... cant find cd.

Hmmm.

EDIT: by running the executable, I mean mounting birthright, typing d: to switch to that drive and typing birthright at the prompt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Two errors.

1. You need to mount disc C: for, well, HDD. I think, you did it? But you need to have access to content of disc image, not files of image itself! (CCD and CUE). So your d mount will accomplish nothing.

2. So you need some means of emulating program to access real content of this disk - and, it seems, you have nothing. You can directly mount disk with imgmount, or emulate it with Daemon Tools. I, personally, recommend you second case, as it will give you access to more image formats and, well, will allow you to mount your images with simple double click.

Only remember: mounting image is like inserting real CD in virtual CD-drive. You will need to mount this CD-drive in DOSBox afterwards. (Of course, if it's internal mount of imgmount, you will not need to mount it second time .

Last edited by Axiom; 09-02-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:37 AM   #7
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Your mount is wrong, you are mounting a folder on your C drive as the CD drive. You need to mount the Virtual Drive that has the image as the CD drive in Dosbox.

Something like mount d e:\ -tcdrom
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #8
Axiom
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Your mount is wrong, you are mounting a folder on your C drive as the CD drive. You need to mount the Virtual Drive that has the image as the CD drive in Dosbox.

Something like mount d e:\ -tcdrom
Just saw this too.

Sorry I am being so dense, but can you explain how to mount this? (I should've put this in the Troubleshooting forums). Like I said, I normally do not have this much trouble with doxbox, been using it for years. For some reason thought this game is giving me endless trouble.

Last edited by Axiom; 10-02-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

You know you actually edited out the one thing that would have helped people help you. Luckily I read this in my email and I know what your mounted drive is, it is G.

mount d g:\ -tcdrom

That will mount the drive with the image mounted. Your normal C drive mounts are untouched.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
mount d g:\ -tcdrom
Tipo? Should be:
mount d g:\ -t cdrom

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider