Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #281
Steeltemplar

C&C was the first RTS that I ever played. It was a love-hate relationship to be certain. I loved the music and some of the action. Playing that one mission as the commando was awesome. However, certain things did frustrate me to no end. The main thing was that if I left some soldiers in a place and did not check up on them every few seconds, the enemy would often come by and massacre them while they just stood around. Aaarrgh!
Steeltemplar is offline                         Send a private message to Steeltemplar
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #282
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Steeltemplar @ Oct 7 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]315136[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
C&C was the first RTS that I ever played. It was a love-hate relationship to be certain. I loved the music and some of the action. Playing that one mission as the commando was awesome. However, certain things did frustrate me to no end. The main thing was that if I left some soldiers in a place and did not check up on them every few seconds, the enemy would often come by and massacre them while they just stood around. Aaarrgh!
[/b]
This ain't any ol' RTS - you need 10 people for basic RTS unit.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #283
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you mean that its not real time strateggy? o_O
Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #284
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Please go ahead gufu
Old 08-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #285
gufu1992

I mean what this isn't you standard RTS - you need here few 100's of troops to win a skrimish.

WARNING:C&C Tiberium Dawn is a FREEWARE!
It is completely legal to download it from anywhere for free - it's only not avalible at EA servers because they crashed.

Thats what I know...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #286
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Until EA puts out a press release or some sort of definitive statement that can be quoted, that says that other sites can keep the large downloads up, and it is okay on their behalf, then it can be considered freeware. It was considered a limited download for September and was stated by EA at the time, so hence this is why C&C has this tricky status atm.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #287
gufu1992

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathDude @ Oct 8 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]315299[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Until EA puts out a press release or some sort of definitive statement that can be quoted, that says that other sites can keep the large downloads up, and it is okay on their behalf, then it can be considered freeware. It was considered a limited download for September and was stated by EA at the time, so hence this is why C&C has this tricky status atm.
[/b]
You do not deny what C&C fan say...
I know what it's untill september - but I just read what it's only avalible n EA's server in september.
Let me find the exact quote...

Quote:
In a short note: Few days ago, I said in a recent news that after october 1st (and then october 3rd) you wouldn't be able to download TD legally anymore, but I totally missed the point. You won't be able to download it from EA servers because the download exploded their bandwidth, but downloading it from other places is still legal.[/b]
The place where it was found:here

Warning - Banshee (The guy who posted this) has full contacts to predator (EA C&C relations guy).
Basicly: EA > Predator > Banshee

Another, more official web-site:here too!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:09 PM   #288
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Gotta check out all sources for these sorts of thing, with freeware sometimes its a tricky realm with commercial based titles (oh and btw I'm a administrator at AR aka Abandonia Reloaded where we host and showcase freeware games. ) Hence why need to be pretty sure, before someone starts reviewing it for example and then later something comes up where EA says okay everything C&C related comes down (Hopefully that doesn't happen)

Looks like it may be a go then to be showecased.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #289
gufu1992

Those are both official C&C News sources. They can be believed.
Old 17-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #290

Regarding c&c gold,
There was a reply from the c&c3 community manager APOC on the EA forums today:

"I have received a couple e-mails on this matter and have not yet replied with an answer.

So here it is, yes it is freeware now. Many hundreds of sites have it available from the files that were hosted on our official site which I am finally removing today. I sneakily just kept them up there for a while but now since many sites have it, its no longer necessary.

I assume that is the answer you guys were looking for. I don't think i'm having a fit about it

-APOC "

If c&c gold is truly freeware, shouldnt c&c95 dos be freeware too? If so abandonia should allow a free download of the game...