Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
a1s
Hero Gamer

UPDATE 16 nov: Sorry Everyone, I've been Buisy lately (and still am), but I was asked to post <a href=\'http://webmouton.pingouin.ca/ud/\' target=\'_blank\'>this link</a>, which leads to your new forum!
now first of all, some of you will be wondering what this ia all about. We are Playing a browser based MMOG called Urban Dead, which is about surviving in a Zombie infested city (or munching on brainsss). We want to for a group for the living (which is not to say that we will kick you out if you die, but rather that you wish to stay alive).
here are a few things (updated daily by yours truly):

Name: The Abandoned (draft name)

Total Real Members (people): 11

Total alter egos (chars): 12

Long term goals: form up ( coming soon!)

political strucure: Preparing for elections (pjase1: nominations)

base of operation: Yagoton

Who can join: any abandonia member, who is (or wants to be) alive. (again, draft rule)

chars:
//char [person] : short decription
A1s[a1s] : A scientist who came to the city to track the zombie migration, he decided to take up RS and Med kits to help all those in need of healing. UPDATE: KIA, currently inside St Egbert's Church.

2a2s [a1s] :a former hunter who died half a year before the infestation, he had first arisen as a zobie, and believs his hands to be forever soaked in blood of the inescent. for that reason he tries to blast as many zombie brains out with his shotgun as he can, desperate to prove his allegiance, if only to himself...

OlSheep [OlSheep] : A volunteer firefighter, OlSheep got stuck inside a crushed firetruck filled with corpses after an accident on Humphrey Lane. The driver, rushing to reach a burning building, swerved to avoid a man standing in the middle the street and rear-ended a massive 18-wheelers. The firetruck tipped over at a very high speed, killing all but one of the men that where inside it. When OlSheep could finally get himself out of the vehicle, he found out that the man who had caused the accident was both alive and slowly decaying. As he began to understand what he was seeing, a few of his buddies came back to life and seemed to think that it was time for a snack. OlSheep has been running, seeking a safehouse, ever since.

Eagle of fire [eagle of fire] : A police officer for one of the smaller Malton stations in the Peddlesden Village area, he had been drafted in along with the rest of his unit to help with the military-led evacuation of the city.

Mr Miau [Mr Miau] : A paramedic droped over the city to help the survivors. he soon ran out of suplies and amunition which made him consider offering fis training to one of the local groups.

Vhunter [Oberon] : an ordinary firefighter caught in the middle of far extraordinary events.

jamiroo [jamiroo] : His story is simple and yet uniqe. He was engaged to Sara, the most beautiful girl in the world... a week before the infestation they had a really bad fight... and she left.
He thought she was going to her mum's house in Dover, but she never made it. Soon he saw a tv report about the zombie infestation in Malton, and she was running away with a shovel kicking some zombie, behind the tv reporter (what a girl!). So he went to Malton without thinking twice, which was a stupid thing to do because he went unarmed.
He arived to the city just hours before it became qurantined, and it wan't much of a surprise (well except maybe for him) that he emmidietly ran into a zombie, who he shot with zombies own gun (what a guy!)
Now he roams around Malton trying to find Sara, and killing whatever gets in his way.

Sonny Bonds [RedHeadSebbe] : it was his lifelong dream to become a policeman, and it all seemed to go his way... up until these zombies came! the anser was simple as a middle school equation: if zombies= the problem, then redheadsebbe= zombie hunter.

Kearnsy2 [Kearsy] . He's been shoplifting since he was a teen, and can gather loot from malls really easily, but it's justs not fun to have 10 PSPs in a city where there isn't a single working power outlet, so he decided to join one of the forming groups, and truth be told even if he will comandeer a few items from the common pool he'd still make a better supply agent then any of those boneheaded militay goons. //note that currently the game doesn't allow item transfer between chars.

Bobbin Threadbare[Bobbin Threadbare]2: a featureless zombie that wants to "become a real boy"

Toxik1Toxic : a humble medic who has only finished one university with honors, and spent 5 only years in Africa helping the sick children.

Andijo [mouse31e] : a Military Medic with a boring past he never shares no matter how much wine he is given...
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 02-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

I want to join !

We need to decide of a place where we can get together soon since travelling can require a few days worth of APs.

chars:

OlSheep [OlSheep] 1 {should be lvl 2 soon} :
A volunteer firefighter, OlSheep got stuck inside a crushed firetruck filled with corpses after an accident on Humphrey Lane. The driver, rushing to reach a burning building, swerved to avoid a man standing in the middle the street and rear-ended a massive 18-wheelers. The firetruck tipped over at a very high speed, killing all but one of the men that where inside it. When OlSheep could finally get himself out of the vehicle, he found out that the man who had caused the accident was both alive and slowly decaying. As he began to understand what he was seeing, a few of his buddies came back to life and seemed to think that it was time for a snack. OlSheep has been running, seeking a safehouse, ever since.
OlSheep is offline                         Send a private message to OlSheep
Old 02-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #3
Mr Miau
YARR!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Miau Send a message via MSN to Mr Miau

Alright, sign me in! I just made a medic, running around armed with a pistol and a medikit...
Mr Miau is offline                         Send a private message to Mr Miau
Old 02-10-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
Mr Miau
YARR!!!

....and I have no idea what to do!?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:56 PM   #5
a1s
Hero Gamer

well you can start of by telling us the name of your charecter, his level and his strong points.

I'd like evryone to note that all those "coming soon" feilds will be filled from your suggestions. It obviosu we should help each other, but maybe we should adopt soem other gamenda too? maybe we should hunt doen all zombies in a certain neighboorhood? or try to revive evryone we can find? mybe even try to destroy suspected PK? and how wide should be our base of opertaions? shal we cover one burb? or 9? or form a loose network over all of the city? it's up to you.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Welcome to Urban Dead, Eagle of Fire

You're a police officer for one of the smaller Malton stations in the Peddlesden Village area, and had been drafted in along with the rest of your unit to help with the military-led evacuation of the city.
Great.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #7
Mr Miau
YARR!!!

Alright, Mr Miau Lvl 1, Basic Weapons and Medikit Training. But at least the Wepons training seems to be quite useless. I fired my whole pistol clip at a zombie and hit 1 time! aaaargh

P.S.: I'm at the Wetcombe Towers, barricaded, but alone...

EDIT: BTW, I was airdropped tot help the poor survivors.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #8
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Miau@Oct 3 2005, 01:03 AM
Alright, Mr Miau Lvl 1, Basic Weapons and Medikit Training.
either one or the other. or you're not level 1.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
Mr Miau
YARR!!!

Sorry, you're right, only Medikit! That could be a reason why I just don't hit nothing!
Old 02-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #10
OlSheep
Forum hobbit

Here's a quick tutorial/guide for those of you who want to join without reading the FAQ and/or the WIKI. I cannot guarantee this text's accuracy but it should still be very helpful. Do note that this is meant to be a guide for humans (those of you who wish to play as zombies will have to read the wiki ):

EVELING[/b]
By doing various actions you'll gain XP. With XP, you can buy new skills using the "Buy skills" button.
OlSheep is offline                         Send a private message to OlSheep