Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #1
SupSuper
Games Master

I came for the work (translations), and stayed for the fun :P
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 22-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I joined because I had found pretty much the entire Sierra collection here (my lovelies), and registered to suggest someone add Wishbringer, because it's one of my favorite games ever (note the reviewer :P )

They had an art section, and everyone was so nice (unusual on a site-connected forum, imho), I just stayed.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 22-09-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I believe I was surfing around one day and was like whoa check out the games here some ones I always wanted to try and some I already have played back in the day then checked out the forum starting posting away and it was a nice community all around and well 9 months later still here.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 22-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #4
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by taikara@Sep 22 2005, 06:58 PM
I joined because I had found pretty much the entire Sierra collection here (my lovelies), and registered to suggest someone add Wishbringer, because it's one of my favorite games ever (note the reviewer :P )

They had an art section, and everyone was so nice (unusual on a site-connected forum, imho), I just stayed.
Hehe I also found this website looking for Sierra games, got them all before they got taken down. And with the help of other websites I got all the LSL, KQ, PQ and SQ games (though I think I'm missing a modern SQ game)
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 22-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

I stumbled upon this place through a friend of mine, who isn't a member, but regularly checks the site itself. Found all the games I was looking for for years here, made a few steps into the forum (check the Stunts-thread in Game Discussion :bleh: ), then finally registered, to ask how I could submit games... and eventually stayed, as the attitude towards certain games was what I lacked in so many other games sites (but that changed after an incident) Now I'm stuck here, and can't imagine never having registered here
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 22-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I first found this site I think a couple of years ago or even more, never checked the forums, and quickly left. I forgot about it and once I was trying to get some help on Xcom, found this site by accident (forgotten about it and all), and checked the forums where I posted my first question/post as a registered user.
After that I stayed because I am a gamer, I like older games and thought that I could help others with questions they might have. The rest is history.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #7
Himmler
Trollmaster General

i knew abandonia since 2001 but only registered in 2005
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 22-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

Take my username and guess which game got me here... made the first posts in the corresponding topic as a guest (but same name) and dedided to stay mostly to pi** some people off... :angel:
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 22-09-2005, 06:39 PM   #9
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I wanted to say "thank you for UFO: Enemy Unknown", and I'll bugger off when I think I have said it loud enough
Old 22-09-2005, 06:48 PM   #10
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

After looking over the archive, I believe I found this site somewhere between february and march 2003, after looking for Turoid (which I didn't actually find on the site, by the way :P). At that time I was limited by a dreadful internet connection which I only had access to during the weekends, and besides that I was new to the internet. As such I didn't really check/know about the forums.
I kept returning to the site for some reason (sorry that I can't be more specific, I guess I just loved the site :P ), and eventually I decided to join out of respect for it. I still didn't have the connection to participate in the forums, so I made only one post during that time, if I recall correctly. It's still there in the Star Trek 25th Anniversary discussion thread. Because I didn't know how to use forums I kind of forgot to log in, though, so it's registered as a guest :P

And then it came to pass that we upgraded our i-net connection, and a whole new world opened for me. I could finaly read the forums whenever I wanted to :w00t: (and not to mention: download what I wanted to :angel: )
I believe the first post I made with that better connection (allthough I'm not entirely sure about that) was one to rectify a little mistake Sebatianos made in his review of Shadows of Mordor :angel: (it's still not fixed, by the way :whistle: )
Thanks for not hating me for that, Sebatianos k:

Anyway, I started learning about the forums, I started to get to know the members (allthough some members from that time seem to have dissappeared ), and I started to post (a bit) more. I kind of stuck to these forums after that.

I took my first forum steps on this site, and I don't think I could've had better luck in that k:

Oh, and sorry for the lengthy post