Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #181
CataBina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropico
LOL you have to be JOKING giving this game a 5.

I remember buying and playing through this entire game. It had very very pretty graphics - and that was IT. Bad characters, bad story, bad pacing, bad and nonsensical puzzles, and an ending so unfulfilling and empty that I was left staring at the screen wondering wtf had just happened.
My thoughts exactly. I think this is the game with the worst ending ever. It had nothing to do with the story itself and left me clueless and frustrated. I tried other solutions but always ended up either dead or right at the strange, strange end which you mention.

I erased the game from my disk and intend to never play it again.
Reserved for Free Adventure Games only

Last edited by arete; 16-02-2010 at 07:17 AM. Reason: html removed
CataBina is offline                         Send a private message to CataBina
Old 25-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #182

I know this isn't going to make sense but I really want to play the game.

Right, I downloaded the game. Extracted it. I clicked the icon labelled FABLE and it came up with a black screen. I then tried to get the task manager up. Didn't work. When the screen became un blank there was no game, only other things I had open. Everything was huge. Like three times what it should be. And the colours were all messed up. An error message came up saying something (can't remember what). I pressed Ok. Then something else came up telling me to restart my laptop. I did. It came up with the send error report thing, above that was something about a serious error had occured. I tried again, just to make sure I hadn't accidently clicked the wrong thing. The same thing happened. I sent the extracted file to the recycle bin and deleted it just then. The zipped file is still sitting in my documents. I'm now doing a virus scan in case the file contained anything that it shouldn't. I don't mean to offend, but this laptop is fairly new and I really don't want to have to get it fixed. The virus scan just came up saying nothing was wrong.

There. I tried to include as much info as I could. I've got to go to bed. I'll check this in the morning. I would ask my brother 'cause he's really good at fixing computers and stuff, but I thought I better ask the website I got it from first.

Old 25-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #183
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I know this isn't going to make sense but I really want to play the game.

Right, I downloaded the game. Extracted it. I clicked the icon labelled FABLE and it came up with a black screen. I then tried to get the task manager up. Didn't work. When the screen became un blank there was no game, only other things I had open. Everything was huge. Like three times what it should be. And the colours were all messed up. An error message came up saying something (can't remember what). I pressed Ok. Then something else came up telling me to restart my laptop. I did. It came up with the send error report thing, above that was something about a serious error had occured. I tried again, just to make sure I hadn't accidently clicked the wrong thing. The same thing happened. I sent the extracted file to the recycle bin and deleted it just then. The zipped file is still sitting in my documents. I'm now doing a virus scan in case the file contained anything that it shouldn't. I don't mean to offend, but this laptop is fairly new and I really don't want to have to get it fixed. The virus scan just came up saying nothing was wrong.

There. I tried to include as much info as I could. I've got to go to bed. I'll check this in the morning. I would ask my brother 'cause he's really good at fixing computers and stuff, but I thought I better ask the website I got it from first.
[/b]
First of all: you indeed explain what you did, but you didn't told us your system specifications: Operating system -Windows XP (I almost bet on this one); CPU, Ram...

Now if I guessed right and you really have Win XP, you should have checked the "Compatibilty" mode for this game, which is: DOS or DOSBox.
So if you want to run this game there are two things you can do:
1 - Get an old computer with DOS
2 - Run it through DOSBox (you even have a tutorial for it)

Last edited by arete; 16-02-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: html
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 26-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #184

Oh, thankyou. I'll try that. As you can see, I'm not very good at computer stuff. -_-

Old 15-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #185
Kop/\

Well this is bad I actualy think there is no one who has original CD at home just people who D/L from emule etc.

So I give it a try. Some time ago I was asking for english .exe files but I didn't deleted what I had. I managed to translate Italian version for Windows (with some minor flaws).

My question is: does anyone want it? And for admins is it OK to use this forum for links to such a version of this game?

The Fable I have made is for Windows (no dosbox) and works fine, has installer, speech, intro and outro (the bad one - you can't get the UK version anywhere) and menu music. I made it nero iso image which you can mount in Daemon Tools. The only registry glitch remains which I can fix with .reg file included in archive. As far as I'm concerned this is closest what you can get nowdays as a as complete as possible version of Fable.

And for anyone who in the past actualy played this game from original: does it have music in the scenes? Because I think it didn't the exe doesn't seem like it and if you noticed there is almost every time some sounds playing in each scene (flowing water, blowing wind etc.). It would have to be either midi (which sound setup don't suggest) or CD audio but you can't get hold of anything like complete truly original iso of this game so no one can tell me :angry:
Old 16-11-2006, 12:59 PM   #186
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

There are two "Fable" game's, this one and the over-hyped RPG. How can this be possible??
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 15-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #187
Kemlo

Is there a complete walkthrough of this game? The ones I have seen are very short and whne I finished I had plenty of inventory items left over that I never found a use for.

Like the Grass of Life, what does that do? Or Khor's helmet just a piece of uselessness?

Old 12-02-2007, 08:09 AM   #188
stinkey diver

I downloaded the original iso image off torrentspy and the game installed and works with xp. Nice speech and everything. its a pretty cool game.

Old 16-02-2007, 03:55 AM   #189
Guest_Michael_*

I have downloaded the game this evening, and can get it to run fine, except for the sound effects - there are none playing! I have the SOUNDS.DAT file, am playing in DosBox (version 0.65?), and have the sound volume up all the way (both in game and on my computer's speakers). When I click on the "Sound Effects" option in the in-game menu, it does NOT switch to on - even though I was able to do this for subtitles, and can read the dialogues with no problem.

How do I get the sound effects to work?! Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Michael

Old 16-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #190
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think this version of the game does not have the sounds included.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman