Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-12-2004, 08:01 PM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

If it's easier for you, you can ask in your own language!

Lahko vprašaš tudi v svojem lastnem jeziku.

Možeš pitati i na svom vlastitom jeziku.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #22

wow, I'm staring at the demo CD I have of this game that is sitting right next to me :blink: weird...but at ;least now I can have the full game wOOt!

(anybody for multiplayer? LOL)

Old 26-12-2004, 11:16 PM   #23

Ok so I know this is like totally out of the topic but im using dosbox and i cant seem to make the image larger! how can I make it full screen?

Old 26-12-2004, 11:24 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Dec 27 2004, 01:16 AM
Ok so I know this is like totally out of the topic but im using dosbox and i cant seem to make the image larger! how can I make it full screen?
Press alt+enter (or change the settings in the config file to fullscreen=true)
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-12-2004, 08:47 AM   #25
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
The copy I had was 5 "floppy" disks (called hard disks back then),
Floppies never been called "hard disk". An HD is what is several gig big in your computer and allow you to stuff on it...

I never had that much problem completing any of X-Wing missions. God knows that I almost scrapped my mouse playing this game tough! :blink:
Old 27-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #26

this is a great site, thank you!!!!

I remember playing X-wing when it came out on an 386 DX with 33 Mhz - the details had to be set to low on that kind of machine, X-wing needed enormous powerful machines for its time

as far as I remember there were problems with the joystick control, at least with my joystick (a lot of action games had this problems at that time, worst was Wing Commander 2); I think X-wing was designed to work with that trustmuster stick; other joysticks just weren´t fast enough to follow the tie-fighters, it was grrrrrrr!!! you just weren´t able to hit them

I think that is a main reason why tie-fighter is better: because the player has a faster fighter and the enemies are easier to hit

and yes some missions were just impossible to succeed

btw: the 33Mhz 386er was the perfect speed for wing commander: not to fast and not to slow, just right

Old 27-12-2004, 02:31 PM   #27
Danny252
I have a custom title!

*ack* 53 mb and no download manager... :'( nofair I wannit
Old 27-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #28
samus2k
Forum hobbit

if anyone have a problem doing the iso image of a CD you can use ultraiso is very easy and it works perfect and for mounting images DAEMON TOOLS is better than the alcohol image drive because it can emulates protections ... thanx fot this game

ahhh i forgot to mention that i have the full CD of the newer version of the X wing and TIe fighter wich it cannot be played if you dont have a joystick ....

thanxs to all for this game !!!!!!! if anyone could tell me how can i upload the CD i would like to contribute ok ? and also have the TIE fighter collector edition ... thanx bye ....
samus2k is offline                         Send a private message to samus2k
Old 27-12-2004, 10:03 PM   #29
D-1-Viper
Forum hobbit

i have missed this game it waz the firs original game i ever got
and its grate. i think i wore out 3 mouces flaying this game dident have a joystick back then
Old 28-12-2004, 02:05 AM   #30
einherjar

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Dec 27 2004, 03:47 AM
Quote:
The copy I had was 5 "floppy" disks (called hard disks back then),
Floppies never been called "hard disk". An HD is what is several gig big in your computer and allow you to stuff on it...

I never had that much problem completing any of X-Wing missions. God knows that I almost scrapped my mouse playing this game tough! :blink:
Are you sure? They were always called hard disks around here, and the harder disks were hard drives. The 5" (or so) disks were floppy disks.