Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Default Abandonia is stagnant.

Is there really work going on behind the scenes here? Why is it taking so long to effect any changes? Why no updates in such a long time? Wish I could help. Abandonia had a lot of momentum before the new format.
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, first they don't seem to care... Second, if I understand well what "Studentis" group is then they probably don't even work in the holydays...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 AM   #3
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

First, they put AB on the slowest server, so pages wouldn.t load and downloads took forever.

Now they leave us with a buggy fourum that doesn't work properly.

Why was power ever given to people who clearly don't give a toss about the site? :confused:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 02-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #4
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

So, according to Wikipedia this Studentis group owns Abandonia now. When I first heard the name I assumed it was a bunch of students doing this as a school project. That would have explained some things.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
So, according to Wikipedia this Studentis group owns Abandonia now. When I first heard the name I assumed it was a bunch of students doing this as a school project. That would have explained some things. If studentis is a professional group they do a terrible job.
The problem is, most things are done by Studentis, but some have to be done by Kosta (who's our only contact with the Studentis team) or Maikel (who is still in charge of the layout). Go figure what this means if one of them is inaccessible for some reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikel View Post
Studentis people are doing their best to create it how we (Kosta and I) figured how it should be. Things are a bit slowish, but that's logical. Studentis is a company and therefore needs to make money. Abandonia is not a cashcow, nor will it ever be. So it's logical it's not their primary project. I work on abandonia to aside from a 40 hour work week. Things tend to get slower
I think the above quote explains some of the rest.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
Tulac
Union Leader

But the way things are now I doubt they do any work because ever since the new design was put up nothing was fixed. The only things that were fixed were forum issues that were resolvable without the support from Studentis.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

That's completely true, and it pisses me off more than you can imagine... but there's not one bloody thing I - or any of us - can do about it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #8
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Well all we can do now anyway is to persevere and offer help in whatever areas we can offer it, waiting until the situation with the site will improve for the better. If we care for the site and the forum, it won't do either of them any good with leaving or throwing insults towards current site layout.
Things can get only better anyway, I think the site has already seen worse times than this. Think of ESA's unexpected intervention back in 2006 or something, and removal of at least 200 games from the site which appeared like a crisis back then, but actually brought the site into even more shining position than it was before that.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 02-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

As long as there are plans to go forward with the site and not leave it for dead I can be patient. I am going to stop putting together any more contributions until I feel more comfortable that they will ever see the light of day.

If anyone wants to issue any positive encouragement to Studentis here is their published email address. Long live Abandonia.

info@studentis.com
Old 02-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

I hate this situation like all of you...and like many other I'm doing the best I can to help.
I don't think it's a good idea to start a mail crusade.
If we want to do a good thing we should continue to report all problems here on our forum and then ask them, with few mails made by Admins, if they can do something.