Go Back   Forums > Graveyard > Trash Can
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-10-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
Motrax

Ok, I have two questions on different subjects, but it seemed most appropriate to post them here I guess. My first is if anyone has any info on acquiring the games below in my sig, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a decent collection of old DOS games myself, near 150, and would gladly make out a trade or share files. My second is on this site, I noticed Lords of the Realm 2 was up for download. I used to have this game until my CD became so scratched it was unplayable ( I had bought it along with Caesar II as a double pack at Costco! ) so I naturally set out upon a quest to find this game. It took me to the far reaches of the galaxy and back, and one day I finally came across a copy somewhere. I was so excited, and it was back in the days of my dial up and I had to make up excuses to my parents why I was online for 8 hours straight downloading it. So I got it, set it all up, and went to play. First thing I noticed was lack of sound and music. Turns out this game was a minirip, and upsetting as it was, I trudged onward, diheartened but just happy to play the game. Got to the game, and it worked great! For about 15 minutes, then it would crash...So, giving up on that and refusing to buy another crappy Sierra CD that would scratch itself up like a mofo, I set out to find this game again, and finally found it here! Hooray! Thanks guys, I've been coming here for a while now, and would love to contribute to the site if you'd let me with games and the like. But anyways, I downloaded the game from here ( 50 megs! ) and extracted it....What I got were a whole bunch of little files that told me they were RAR files, but they really weren't? And I was having a doozy of a time playing around with them...Anyway, if someone could point me in the right direction of setting this up, I'd be most grateful. Thanks for your time, sorry I wrote up an essay, LOL
Revelation 3:20
Motrax is offline                         Send a private message to Motrax
Old 21-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
Limetang
Forum hobbit

From what I can see, we don't have Lords of the Realm II. If you can give me the link to where you downloaded it, I'll try to help as much as I can.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 21-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
Motrax

Hmmm, you're right....I swear I got it from here, this is the only old DOS game site I really visit...? I guess not then, wow scratch that question, I feel kinda dumb now x.x;
Revelation 3:20
Motrax is offline                         Send a private message to Motrax
Old 22-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
duckpatch
Game freak

Have of the games in your sig are still being sold. For example, WC2 in the battlenet edition). Epic is also still selling Jill of the Jungle but I found it somewhere...
duckpatch is offline                         Send a private message to duckpatch
Old 22-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #5
Limetang
Forum hobbit

Heroes of Might and Magic I
Caesar II
Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Try searching the site you're browsing next time.
Limetang is offline                         Send a private message to Limetang
Old 22-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Moved since this have absolutly nothing to do with troubleshooting.
Old 22-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
Bradley
Game freak

Lords of the Realm 2 is a must have if it's abandoned. I have a question too, why don't we have heroes of Might and Magic 2. It's made in 97' I think. I could provide it also because I own the HOMM Platinum Edition. Every Game up to the last expansion in HOMM 3, that's 6 games plus extras.
Bradley is offline                         Send a private message to Bradley
Old 22-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Considering HoMM is still sold in the Oldwarez search engine on the main page, I seriously doubt HoMM II would not be sold too...
Old 22-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #9
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Still looking for:
Caesar II
Clyde's Adventure
Clyde's Revenge
Epic Pinball Table Packs
Heroes of Might and Magic 1-3
Jazz Jackrabbit 1/'95/Holiday Edition ( Working copies, not like the crappy one I have )
Jill of the Jungle ( Original )
Original Warcraft II ( Not BNet edition )
Caesar II
Clyde's Adventure *note to self: Shareware - update the list
Clyde's Revenge *note to self: Shareware - update the list
Epic Pinball Table Packs
HoMM 1
Heroes of Might and Magic II and III are bought up by 3DO - which in turn is owned by EA. Making the games ESA protected.
Jazz Jackrabbit 1
Jazz Jackrabbit: Holiday Hare '94 & Jazz Jackrabbit: Holiday Hare '95 are both freeware, but I have no idea where you can get them.
Jill of the Jungle
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
Old 22-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #10
mouse31e
Games Master

If Heroes of Might and Magic 1 is in the Oldwarez list and still sold I'm pretty sure it shouldn't still be available for download. Correct me if I'm wrong!
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e