Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #21
Data
retired

please stop speculating. it might lead to incorrect assumptions
Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
Guderheinz
Forum hobbit

I'm not speculating (the "closing down scenario" was a bit of a joke, actually), I'm just asking a question. That's still allowed, right?
Guderheinz is offline                         Send a private message to Guderheinz
Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #23
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
If Kosta didn't think of anointing someone with his previous privileges, than what exactly was his proposition? Closing the site?
There was no proposition.
In other words, he didn't consider the full consequences of his prolonged absence before, and as such did not see any need to give the access permissions to another person besides himself.
Simple enough?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 11-01-2009 at 01:16 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #24
Robsie
Forum hobbit

I have no idea whatever is going in the background of Abandonia, but from what i read on this thread, the original admin that just deserted the place without a word or care and none really correctly replacing him with full access , the non updates, etc... what is happening begin to sounds the same with what happened to HOTU.

I just hope Abandonia will not end like HOTU did, it was such a great site before the bizarre drama of the last years, having it ending in nothingness like HOTU had been since 2006 would be a shame.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #25
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I no longer worry about the will to keep AB going There has been a lot of work being done lately and more is being done as I type this. There are problems that need to be solved, but I believe there is enough will around here to have those problem solved the best way possible.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #26
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I have no idea whatever is going in the background of Abandonia, but from what i read on this thread, the original admin that just deserted the place without a word or care and none really correctly replacing him with full access , the non updates, etc... what is happening begin to sounds the same with what happened to HOTU.
Not quite. There are two things we don't have.
1. Access to contents of the main server (the one hosting the site and the forum).
2. Direct access to site and forum databases.
Lack of these abilities simply prevents us from resolving certain issues with the site and the forum (of course, we're trying to work around them whenever possible).
Basically, Abandonia can continue in its current state.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 11-01-2009 at 03:33 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Not quite. There are two things we don't have.
1. Access to contents of the main server (the one hosting the site and the forum).
Lack of these abilities simply prevents us from resolving certain issues with the site and the forum (of course, we're trying to work around them whenever possible).
Basically, Abandonia can continue in its current state.
Not quite. There are three things you don't have.
1. Access to contents of the main server
3. Drupal programming knowledge.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #28
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Wrong, the third one is time.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

We can either learn it ourselves or find someone who already has the neccesary skill set. As such, it's a non-factor.

-- Reed Richards
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #30
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

I have been out of the loop lately so don't shoot me for asking but from a contributors point of view I have to ask the question .. How do we know that Abandonia is not going to simply disappear one day and not come back? Sounds like no one has a clue about Studentis and whatever level of commitment they have. Writing reviews and creating screen shots does take time and effort and I would like to feel confident that the effort is not going to be wasted.

I don't have as much time these days but if the bugs are getting worked out I have a lot I can contribute.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor

Last edited by Geezer; 11-01-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer