Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #61
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

How about Timothy Hegemann?

i searched "cool last names" on google and took the first name i saw, and stuck my brothers name in front. Muahaha!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 27-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #62
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I can't believe this topic is active again. I would love to join, but I really don't have time right now. Maybe in month or two. I hope Ivan will be available (I know the rules, I read everything, we don't choose characters like that, but still...)
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 29-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #63
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

As long as your character will be Russian, Im cool with that.

Sorry everyone for neglecting this. Will hire GTX on next update, send team on their separate ways and see what happens. Hopefully we'll also have arete joining us, and hopefully someone else too.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 02-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #64
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
As long as your character will be Russian, Im cool with that.
I couldn't play any other way

Now I know my scheldue more precisely. I won't be joining Corps for next 5 or 6 weeks. My exams will be finished by then and I will have time for a summer trip to Arulco. No matter how hot it is, I always carry my ushanka with me, just in case
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #65
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Just a short update that there will be a update soon. I played yesterday and got all the pictures and gameplay, ready to be turned into a story. Highlights include:

- Army of Two
- Fubbles and Eyuil meet up with local wildlife, as they search for the pilot
- Tomekk and Ira....just sit around and do nothing

Last edited by TheChosen; 14-06-2010 at 12:16 AM.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 19-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #66
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

SEPARATE WAYS

Last time we saw our mercenaries, they were splitting up so they can complete different assigments. Ira and Tomekk headed back to Omerta, to meet up with the rebels and see If they'll receive the shipment Father Walker promised. Fubb and Eyuil search the east of Drassen, trying to find the helicopter pilot. Chosen and Panther stayed in Drassen and started training civilians to fight against Diedanna's counter-forces.

13:30, back at the road to Omerta

*Tomekk fiddles with the radio a bit*
Tomekk: Tomekk here, can you hear me Chosen?
Chosen: Loud and clear. Whats your status?
Tomekk: Were almost there. No resistance so far, but me and little sister stopped by at one of the farms. They told us they were searched by one of the patrols, thinking that they're hiding us or the rebels.
Chosen: Understood. Keep your eyes open and continue on.
Tomekk: Copy that Chosen. How are the doctors doing?
Chosen: They haven't checked in yet. They missed their mark.
Tomekk: Maybe they've met up with the enemy, and are maintaining a radio silence?
Chosen: Possibly. Either way, I hope they're alright.

*meanwhile, in the swamps...*

Eyuil: *looking at the radio, which is wet and covered with green stuff* Well, there goes our communication.
Fubbles: You should haven given the radio to me! I knew you'd drop it.
Eyuil: I only dropped it because you childishly tried to take it from me!
Fubbles: Whaatever. Can you fix it?
Eyuil: Im a doctor, not a mechanic.
Fubbles: Maybe I could climb up in the tree, and fire in the air to signal were alright?
Eyuil: That would never work. Were too far, and that would only attract enemies.
Fubbles: How about smoke signals?
Eyuil: With your skill, you'll lit up the whole forest.
Fubbles: .....I know! Telepathy!
Eyuil: ........lets just move on.

*And back to Drassen*

Chosen: Chosen out. *closes the radio*
Panther: Everything alright?
Chosen: Tomekk and Ira are fine, but I haven't been able to get contact with Eyuil or Fubbles. Hows the villagers?
Panther: Pretty good. At this rate, they'll be ready at the morning. Fast learners I tell you. Mostly I just give them a gun and they ask "Where do I shoot?".
Chosen: Good. Everything is working out great.

*BANG!*

A bullet flies trough the air and pass Chosen's head, hitting the wall! Chosen turns around and spots red-shirts!

However, Chosen and Panther are swift. Chosen quickly lifts his rifle and kills the guy. Panther does the same and takes out the other guy.

Chosen: Crap! Is this the attack force?!
Panther: Maybe. The militia isnt ready yet, so its up to us to handle this.
Chosen: Great. Lets go meet up with them then. Watch my back.

The two mercenaries head west to meet up with the enemy. However, there's no one around. They'll keep combing the the west-part of the Drassen until they finally find a guy sitting on the roof, as if he's waiting to catch someone by surprise.
Panther: Surprise
Panther opens fire and hits. The guy fires back and hits Chosen, but only manages to nick his skin a bit. Panther kills the guy.

COMBAT OVER!
Kill list:
Chosen: 1
Panther: 2

Personal notes: Easy. Thank god it wasn't the whole attack force.

Panther: Dammit. Where's the rest of them?
Chosen: 3 men? I thought they're gonna send a whole army.
Someone: Sirs! Sirs!

A member of the local militia runs from the north

Panther: At ease soldier. Whats going on?
Soldier: They're here! The Queens soldiers! They've taken over the airfield!
Chosen: Dammit! I should have known they're first gonna take the airfield back. Cutting off our supplies or means of escape.
Soldier: Shall I call up the rest of the militia? We could try to take them out.
Chosen: Panther?
Panther: They're not ready yet. I still haven't started teaching about proper tactics. It'll be like sending cannon fodder.
Chosen: I see.....we'll, then its up to us.
Panther: Wait, just the two of us? We could call Tomekk and Ira back.
Chosen: We just took out three soldiers in matter of minutes, and all I got was little bit of skin loss. Panther, get back training your soldiers. I'll assist you, so we'll get it done faster. When its done, we'll attack at night.
Chosen turns on the radio
Chosen: Chosen to the campers, come in campers.
[b]Ira[/i]: Ira here. We've just reached our destination, but Im afraid we've got some bad news. Queens forces are here and they're patrolling around the west of Omerta. Tomekk says we can take them out, but I disagree with him. What do you think?
Chosen: He's still low on ammo, right?
Ira: Right. He's only got one pack of shotgun bullets left. He did picked up a pistol before we left.
Chosen: Your orders are not to engage the enemy. Meet up with the rebels. I'll consider your next course of action.
Ira: Copy that, Ira out.
Chosen: Goddammit. They're everywhere. I wonder If Fubbles and Eyuil met any of them...

*Meanwhile, back at the swamps.....*
Eyuil: *yawn*
Fubbles: Tired, doctor?
Eyuil: No, just bored. Where are we right now?
Fubbles: According to this, sector C16. Were almost at the border, but to get out of this country we'd have to climb the mountains.
Eyuil: Are you suggesting he might have escaped?
Fubbles: No, but that sounds like a good idea.
Suddenly, Fubbles see's something
Fubbles: Enemy!

Fubbles and Eyuil creep up closer and duck behind the trees. They look at the guy who's apparently listening a headseat.
Fubbles: Hah! This guy is in an other world. We can take him out.
Eyuil: No! It will only attract others in the area!
Fubbles shoots twice and misses both of the times. Eyuil sights and tries too, but misses as well. Guard takes off the headseats, as he apparently heard the gunshots. Still, it seems like he doesnt know they were gunshots.
Enemy mook: Who goes there?!
Soldier slowly approaches Fubbles and Eyuil, he gets close enough though, so Fubbles can make a succesfull hit. This guy, however, has extremely fast reflexes, as he immediatly pulls out his piece and shoots Fubbles twice. Fubbles fires again and kills him

Eyuil: Great. Now they're all after us!
Fubbles: So what! We can take them out! Were hardened soldiers!
Fubbles. Thats suicide! If it were just me and Colonel, he would have given orders to retreat, but since we dont have a radio, we cant ask him!
Another soldiers comes in a view, a black haired female. She tries to hit Eyuil, but Eyuil fires back, and kills her.

Fubbles meanwhile takes out a med-kit and starts patching his small wounds. He's quickly done, but as soon as they're about to move, he spots another soldier standing in the swamp. He fires several times, but failes to hit.

Fubbles gets closer, but manages to get a small flesh-wound. Eyuil assists him and together they bring him down.

Fubbles: Ha ha ha ha haa! Come on! I'll take you all to hell!
*KNOCK!*
Eyuil managed to sneak behind Fubbles and knock him out. He picks him up on his shoulders and starts running to the north.
Eyuil: My apologies Sergeant, but I prefer to carry you alive rather than dead
Eyuil manages to avoid any more soldiers. After hiking up a bit, he lays Fubbles on the ground and slaps him a bit to wake him up.
Fubbles: *yawn* What happened?
Eyuil: Uh....grenade. They threw a grenade and you lost your consiucnes. I managed to carry you out of there and apparently they didnt follow us.
Fubbles: Thats funny....I dont remember any grenades....
Eyuil: Let me see...*examines Fubbles's head a bit* Yup. Apparently you knocked your head a bit and cant remember what happened. But dont worry, you did pretty good.
Fubbles: I see....well, thanks Lieutenant. I owe you one.
Eyuil: Dont mention it. Now, lets get on with....
Fubbles: !!!!!! *POINT!*
Fubbles points at a tiger-looking animal he just saw! However, this animal apparently didnt notice our duo and decides to wander off.

Fubbles: Oh my god! What was that?
Eyuil: I think thats what they called "Bloodcat".
Eyuil spots another one, but again, it wanders off

Eyuil: Okay, lets not panic. I think we can sneak past them. Stay quiet, but get ready to shoot.
They head up north. Its all quiet until suddenly a bloodcat jumps out from the bushes! Eyuil yells and lets out a quick short burst of bullets, taking the cat down.

Another cat comes running from the west! Now Fubbles yells too and he and Eyuil quickly kill it before it can get close enough.

Third cat jumps out from the bushes. Now both men scream and fire. Fubbles finally takes him down and silence falls over the battlefield like a thick blanket.

FINISHED!
Results:
Fubbles: 3
Eyuil: 4

Comments: Woah. Bloodcats. First time I managed to take out a whole patch of them and believe me, its not that easy. Got lucky there. The fight against soldiers was cut short because I wasn't feeling like searching for the last ones. In any case, "The operation was complete success".

Fubbles inspected the corpses and got an idea. He takes out his knife and tries to cut up some pieces. He ends up getting two sets of teeth, claws and a skin.
Eyuil: That is disgusting.
Fubbles: Hey, If we killed them, we might as well use them a bit. I think these might be valuable.
Eyuil: Right. Back them up and get ready to move on. We have a mission to finish.

Back at the Omerta, Tomekk and Ira are approaching the rebels secret base, they knock on the door, which is then opened by Dimitri
Dimitri: You're back! But there's only two of you?
Tomekk: We split up. Everything is fine. Were here to see Miguel.
Dimitri: Of course. Come in.
Tomekk and Ira get in and enter the secret underground base. They're meeted by Miguel

Miguel: You are well?
Tomekk: Like a million bucks. Drassen is in our hands and Colonel Chosen has started to train the locals for combat. Everything is going very well.
Miguel: This is good. We haven't received the shipment from Father Walker yet though.
Ira: Im sure it'll be here by morning.
Miguel: In that case, why don't you stay here for the night? I've heard enemies are walking in Omerta again, and its not save for just the two of you...
Tomekk: Look man! If I had more bullets, I could take out a whole platoon by myself!
Ira: Calm down Tomekk! He's right. We'll wait here and ask Chosen to send us some assistance. If there's too many of them, you'll run out of bullets, and you know Im not the perfect soldier yet!
Tomekk: .....fine. Radio him. I gotta get some air.
Ira: Okay, but dont try anything stupid.
Tomekk leaves up, while Ira turns on the radio
Ira: Hey Colonel. Listen up. We've met up with the rebels. Shipments not here yet, but it'll be by morning, so were planning to stay here at night.
Chosen: Good. What about the enemy forces?
Ira: Tomekk is pissed, but I managed to rationalize him that we cant take them by ourself's. Can you or Panther come over here and give us assistance?
Chosen: Negative. Were preparing to make an assault for sudden enemy. I cant send Eyuil or Fubbles either, because they havent come back yet.
Ira: Shall we just wait then Sir?
Chosen: Yes, but I have an idea. I'll report you back later. Chosen out.

At the Drassen, Chosen turns off the radio and opens up his laptop. Just as he's about to log into the M.E.R.C., he stops and thinks.
Chosen: Hmmm...I think I should ask AIM again. Im sure MERC has some quality, but I need someone who I can trust for this one.
Chosen connects to the AIM and cleans up the webcam a bit. The old man appears on the screen just like last time.
Old man: Yes, how can I....oh, welcome back. So, how can I help you this time?
Chosen: Were in need of more men, so I decided to check out and see If you have any good ones.
Old man: What kind of a soldier are you looking for?
Chosen: Nothing special. Just some kind of person that has experience and knows how to hold a gun.....and he has to be cheap too. We're still bit low on cash.
Old man: I see....we have this one new person. He's been around for month, but so far he's racking up a real nice body count. And he's still cheap too.
Profile pops up.
Old man: He calls himself GTX
Chosen: GTX!?! It cant be....
Old man: Yes, it confused us too, but he's not THE GTX, the king of mercenaries. The real GTX cut out all connections to us and has apparently left the organization. We have no idea If he's alive or dead. This "new" GTX has apparently met him, but is not related to him. In any case, what me to contact him?
Chosen: .....yes. But him on camera.
There's a short moment of static fuzz, then a new face appears on the screen.

Future king of mercenaries?: GTX here. I understand you wish to hire me?
Chosen: Yes.....god. You even do bit look like him
GTX: Oh, the original GTX? You've met him.
Chosen: Yes, in a couple of unfortunate circumstances.
GTX: Dont worry. Im not very fond of him myself. In fact, I adopted my codename to mock him. He has such an ego.
Chosen: So, are you Great, Terrific and eXtraordinary youself?
GTX: Yes, but mine has another meaning. Im "Galactic Terrestrial eXplorer!". I've been to space.
Chosen: Space? Whats your military background?
GTX: Couple of years in the army, couple of years in NASA. I was about to become an astronaut but in light of certain events I decided to steal a shuttle and go to space myself. Another nickname of mine is the "Space pirate" because of that. I was court martialed, but because of circumstances, and some connections, I got pardoned, but they never let me flew again. I stayed at NASA acting as a guard before I decided to quit and try some more of this mercenary business.
Chosen: Are you available right now?
GTX: Heck, you mean right right now?
Chosen: Yes, I got soldiers who need assistance.You'll parachute to the area and meet up with Captain Tomekk and then proceed to the enemy territory. Can you do it?
GTX: Hell yeah! I'll just pack up quickly and be there immediately! AIM will take care of my flight. I should be there by tomorrow.
Chosen: Excellent. I'll send you in a file about our operation. Read it while youre flying. Welcome to the team.
GTX: Thank you sir. I'll see you there.
Screen goes off and Chosen closes the computer. He turns to Panther
Chosen: Help is on its way. Hows things on your end?
Panther: Men are almost ready. They can now take care of any kind of invasion while were away. They still need more training though.
Chosen: Great. Prepare your gear. I'll radio Tomekk and Ira about the situation. We'll attack at dark.

At past eleven, the two mercs sneak into the night and approach the airfield. They meet up with one of the soldiers.
Soldier: Ha! You better give up! We have soldiers all over the airfield! Surrender now and maybe Queen will give you a quick death!
*This is an actual option. I can give up and They'd take Panther and Chosen to the Queen. From there, its possible to break out and kill the queen for a quick victory. However, where's the fun in that?**
Panther and Chosen open fire.

*And now....montage! Because Im lazy and cant remember how the fight went.

*One of the pictures is missing, for some weird reason. Chosen kills the last guy*

SUPREME VICTORY!

Bodycount
Chosen: 15
Panther: 3

Notes: Despite the low score, Panther does get kill-assist, so its not like he just walked behind Chosen and watched when he massacred them all. In any case, wow. This was awesome. They literally just blowed themself through the enemies. Panther did get some unfortunate hits, but I found a medkit which was put in use.

Chosen: Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags.
Panther: What are you talking about?
Chosen: Just quoting some psycho German doctor I met on a one mission.
Panther: In any case, its a mission accomplished.
Chosen: Hell yeah. High-five! *slap*

Tomorrow, the conclusion, where nothing happens.
Old 20-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #67
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Uuuuuuuuu what a montage...

Marko "River" Dolvich is now officially available and willing to join when you need me (or when you can afford Ivan).

Fubbs fought with him in Croatia, so he can come at Fubbs' suggestion. He vanished while war in Croatia was still on. He was member in various struggles at the far east, even was a member of M.E.R.C. for a short time. He is now nowhere to be found, only Fubbs knew that he is in Canada because they met on the street.

I will provide detailed history of the character once he is recruited.

Last edited by marko river; 20-07-2010 at 10:07 PM.