Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 AM   #21
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Nessun Dorma (actually most of Turandot) makes me weepy whether or not the tenor singing is alive or dead. That said, it's sad, he had amazing lungs, and will be missed by many.

*wanders off to listen to La Boheme and get weepy*
Old 07-09-2007, 10:45 PM   #22
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Geeez

I just heard the news today myself (I'm not a big news reader). Personally, I'm not a big opera fan, but Luciano was one hell of a tenor. Best there was in this side of the galaxy anyway. He was not famous because he bought and cheated himself to the top like many of the celebrities around, but because he fought hard to archive his goal. He was a modern day hero, and culture was his battleground. His voice will never be forgotten, ever.

Rest in peace, big man

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 07-09-2007, 11:07 PM   #23
Japo
Autonomous human

I had no idea how he earned his own opportunities... That's very remarkable for an Opera singer, my hat is off.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Sep 7 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]309386[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
people die every day and nobody realy cares about them cause they werent famous singers. its not that their life was less valuable, but nobody would shed a tear for them if they seen him dying in news
[/b]
No, a life of a famous person is not more importaint then a life of a nameless regular person that nobody ever hear about.

But the difference is, that people who are famous usually do get famous for one reason or another. Personally I couldn't care less when Princess Diana died, I liked Mercury's singing, but didn't particularly care if he lived or died, I couldn't have been more indiferrent when Cubain shot himself and it made no difference to me when Aerton Senna died, even though I like watching F1 Grand Prix racing.

But with Luciano... I don't know. I felt a lost. His singing moved me in a way. When I heard him sing it always made an impression on me, even if only on a recording (not to mention how the live concert he gave in Ljubljana felt). So I acctually felt a sort of a loss when I realized, I will not be able to hear him sing again. I guess if I'd be there for Lennon's death I might have felt the same. There are just some poeple who leave a mark.

And I guess that's what makes a difference. It might seem silly, but I have many relatives I only met maybe once or twice in my life and would probably be more indiferent to their deaths then to Pavarotti's, simply because I really admired his singing talent, so he wasn't an anonymous somebody, but a person I could respect.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #25
chumloofah
Game freak

tbh, I dislike the media exposure when celebrities die.
Some of us prefer saving being sad for when somebody we actually knew and on whose character we can justifiably comment die.
chumloofah is offline                         Send a private message to chumloofah