Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Anyone else tried it out? How do you think it compared to Sands of Time or (shudder) Warrior Within? I'm currently slugging it out with the Vizier and am delighted with the game, but some very frustratingly difficult moments (Second chariot sequence, hard enough on its own, immediatly followed by one of the most difficult boss battles), bad design decisions (What? I can't skip this cutscene?! WHAT?! I've had to sit through it a hundred times for crissake!) and lack of that "SoT Magic" (Oh man, what a game that was... if only they had forgone the combat sequences it would have been perfect) only rank it second in the Sands of Time series for me.

I very much enjoy the speed kill aspect, turning combat into a part of the environmental puzzles was pure genius. The return to SoT style puzzles and atmosphere is a huge plus as well.

BUT

The Warrior Within style combat sequences are again, irritating. The insanely unfair parts are also a gripe. The dialog isn't on par with SoT, which also sucks, and alot of the Dark Prince tripe just blows.

All in all though, a decent piece of work and a return to grace for the Prince of Persia.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 23-12-2005, 11:57 AM   #2
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I really want to play it and Sands of Time. Wait Sands of Time might work on my computer now that I got a new graphics card.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 23-12-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I highly recommend you try it (Sands of Time that is). The pinnacle of 3d platforming, never before have I found a game where the controls have just felt so fluid.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 23-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Well, I just finished it. Let's just say the ending made up for all the frustrations, and even Warrior Within.
Old 24-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #5
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 23 2005, 12:57 PM
I really want to play it and Sands of Time. Wait Sands of Time might work on my computer now that I got a new graphics card.
I know how you feel... I've the boxes of Sands of Time and Warrior Within waiting for the day I will buy a new PC
Old 24-12-2005, 10:46 AM   #6
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Do you think Revelations would be a good buy for PSP?

And I found my copy of SoT, installing now, praying it will work.

ARRRRRRRGH! My Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT is not supported. What on Earth does this game support. And it wouldn't have mattered anyway since none of the patches I found worked after I chose to continue, ignoring the issue with the graphics card.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 24-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #7
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

I can't help you there, IS. The things you mentioned are exactly the reasons why I play mostly console. I really couldn't be bothered with most technical mucking around.
Old 24-12-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Dec 24 2005, 11:46 AM
ARRRRRRRGH! My Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT is not supported.
You MUST tell me the tipe of 6600 GT you have!! I'll avoid that evil card!!