Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-02-2011, 11:05 PM   #401
qqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Try removing -ioctl from the CD drive mount and mounting the C drive like this instead:

mount c d:\

To switch to the dosgames and / or game folder use the command CD like for this:

cd \dosgames

In whole:
mount c d:\
mount d e:\ -t cdrom
c:
cd \dosgames

Be sure not to delete or modify anything in the root directory (C though, or your Windows installation would be screwed (gotta advise you that with such mount ).
Hope that helps.
Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I tried it today, but the result is still the same. I see:

Z:\>mount c d:\
Drive C is mounted as local directory d:

Z:\>mount d e:\ -t cdrom
MSCDEX installed.
Drive D is mounted as CDRom e:\

Z:\>c:

C:\>cd \dosgames

C:\DOSGAMES>d:

D:\>instcd

D:\>

So, the instcd command does nothing. BTW, I use dosbox version 0.73. Sorry for bothering you so much.

Old 25-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #402
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Perhaps try using a path or a drive letter as an argument for instcd?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #403
qqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Perhaps try using a path or a drive letter as an argument for instcd?
No, I still have the original reference card and it clearly states to start instcd without any arguments. It should ask for the installation instructions. It's a long time ago I played this one, I don't remember the installation procedure because back than it all worked without any problem. I'll try to get the oldest pc I own working and see if it installs on that one.

Old 26-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #404
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqq View Post
No, I still have the original reference card and it clearly states to start instcd without any arguments. It should ask for the installation instructions.
I have Realms of Arkania Trilogy but I think the installer is the same.

Have you actually checked what is on that CD? I don't even have a file called instcd there (although the manual and readme.txt on the CD say that you should type instcd to install Star Trail).

I installed the game with inst_st.exe. Maybe there's some similar .exe file on your CD?
Old 28-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #405
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Or try looking for install.exe or setup.exe instead, that was a usual name for an installer in Dos games.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 09-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #406
markac
Default Problem in dwarven pit

Hi. I got a problem in the last level of dwarven pit (where you can get from the water level). I should go to the box where are those fur clothes or the stuff I need to have to get further. But when I go downside form the water level using stairs, turn left, make two steps, then turn left, there are door which I can open but there is a wall behind them. When I look into the map of the last level of dwarven pit, there is no wall behind these door, but entrance further. Can anyone help please? I have no idea what to do to finish this last part of the pit.

Thank you in advance

Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #407
Pex
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by markac View Post
Hi. I got a problem in the last level of dwarven pit (where you can get from the water level). I should go to the box where are those fur clothes or the stuff I need to have to get further. But when I go downside form the water level using stairs, turn left, make two steps, then turn left, there are door which I can open but there is a wall behind them. When I look into the map of the last level of dwarven pit, there is no wall behind these door, but entrance further. Can anyone help please? I have no idea what to do to finish this last part of the pit.

Thank you in advance
Hmm, trying to remember now. There is a wall where you need to use a torch for it to disappear. But that is after you get leather clothes.

There is also a wall (or a door) that won't let you out until you put leather clothes back.

And also, if you looted dwarven graves, you won't be able to go past some door.

Hope this helps - it's been so long since I played that game.
Old 17-07-2014, 09:31 AM   #408
steelcaress
Lurker

Default what key do i press to exit character creation?

I can't seem to find the key that would allow me to exit character creation and save my characters. The manual seems to be very unhelpful in this regard. I can get as far as the first screen with stats and that's it. Any help would be appreciated.
steelcaress is offline                         Send a private message to steelcaress
Old 30-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #409
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Isnt it just right click and then save character?
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide
Old 20-01-2022, 07:59 PM   #410
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
1) in the NW part of the map you can find a basilisk, did anybody figure out how to kill him?
So coming back to this - supposedly there is a way in the remake, which might be useable in the original version of the game: https://www.trueachievements.com/a26...er-achievement

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman