logic factory making Ascendancy 2 ...... i am impatient

Old 08-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #172
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by bakterius@Sep 8 2005, 07:30 PM
This game is a my top strategic game + warcraft 2
logic factory making Ascendancy 2 ...... i am impatient
They have been saying the are making ASC2 for a long time now. They havent released a update on the production of it in very long. The logic factory seemed to have banked alot in its new Hydra development engine which hasnt produced a game yet. Thats a big investment for a little company.

Though it appears they are taking beta testers for their new game Seeker, so there might be hope still
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 08-09-2005, 08:40 PM   #173
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I am still amazed from time to time to see that some people consider this game one of the best... :blink:
Old 08-09-2005, 10:04 PM   #174
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

I think its a really fun game in some ways more so then Master of Orion. The best though? I dont think so but it did easliy have the potential to be one of the best.

Some small tweaks to the A.I and late game planet micromangement and it could have been one of the all time best 4x strategy games
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 08-09-2005, 11:07 PM   #175
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Nah, I don't think it's better than MOO.
It's not as polished.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 09-09-2005, 01:21 AM   #176
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

I find Ascendancy's space combat , ship and planet building to be much more fun then MOO's. Though I addmit planet building becomes a pain later on. Plus ascendancy was a much prettier game

MOO has a much better A.I and things like its diplomacy feature trade,non-aggresion packs etc.. is just way cooler.

If I could combine the best of both those games throw in a dash of multi-player and I would have the ultimate 4x Strategy game :evil: mwhaaa!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:10 PM   #177
Omega333

wow, started playing this yesterday...very addicting...

i started out in a neutral very dense galaxy with 7 peoples....and now, after about 1200 days i'm regretting it a bit. i've only found a few colonies of theirs, they're likely on the other side of the galaxy...

though i'm currently playing without the patch (wanted to get a feel for the game first), noone should be a real threat. i did make the mistake of underequiping my ships with just one weapon (it was the black hole generator thing...i learned its not too good), after getting in a fight and loosing a ship (which i could have avoided easily if i knew what i was doing....it was 3 meduim ships vs my underequiped 2 large) , i backed off to my nearest dockyard and upgraded to a nano thingy that seems to be much better...

i'm loving the customization of ships, most of my ships are colonizers (i named them 'gaia', though with the advent of war (and the fun large type), i developed an invasion type and assult type. i've shot ahead of everyone in colonies, and easily have more tech (i'm the lizard people....and i've found lots of ruins)

the game's quite fun...i expect my next game will go much more smoothly...i think i'll make it just a dense universe with max people and hostile mode...

Old 13-10-2005, 12:15 AM   #178
dima

Wow!!! Great game. k:
But I have some trouble while playing - game crashes with message:
(blah-blah-blah) can not find ..\cosmos.cpp
dima is offline                         Send a private message to dima
Old 13-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #179
Omega333

nvm.....figured out soon after that you could attack the planet....heh, the damn people i'm fighting are nearly defeated....i've taken most of their colonies and obliterated their fleet (they made a last stand of 4 mediums vs. 2 of my lesser larges meant to guard their path to my worlds....) they did some damage, but nothing major. soon, i'll be getting my first wave of gigantic ships, then the galaxy will be mine!

Old 18-10-2005, 03:21 AM   #180
KoraxDC

As I remeber U have to hold Shift (or Ctrl or smthng) key and click on invention or building to get help.