Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Default Last Half of Darkness III

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
Old 14-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
MrDeadly
Game freak

Quote from review: "To obtain it, I had to find a person who bought it some time ago and ask for a copy."

That same person, if I'm not mistaking, told me that the game is in fact unbeatable due to a bug. I'm quoting him from a mail I recived last may:
Read here

I was never able to get this far into the game myself, but if this
happens with a version installed from the original disks then
clearly we're out of luck. That's why I never contributed the game
to this or any other site (plus I promised the guy I wouldn't).
It's clearly broken, quite possibly beyond repair. It's more
of an "historical rarity" then it is a functional game.

Last edited by MrDeadly; 14-05-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Quote error
MrDeadly is offline                         Send a private message to MrDeadly
Old 15-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Avoiding a game just because you can't technically finish it is not really understandable. I don't know if this version is different since the reviewer himself didn't finish it, but people should realize that AB is the first place where you can find other people to fix game-related bugs and errors. Just leaving it to collect dust doesn't seem right to me.
Old 15-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
MrDeadly
Game freak

Yes of course, it should be preserved and be available for those who find it interesting. But I strongly urge you to inform about this issue in the review or under "notes". It's annoying to spend a lot of time on a buggy game (and on forums trying to get answers) only to find out towards the end that you can't really finish it. Like the last minute bug in Quest for Glory 4... man, that game kept me up with all it's problems.
Old 15-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #5
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Ok, I'm already on it.
Old 19-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #6
Frankensly

Unhappy Walkthrough?

Ahh crap, I´m stuck. Those of you, who made it to the "bug", would you please post some kinda walkthrough - or what you did in order to get there? I still got several locked doors (except the one with the secret lab behind the fireplace)...

Help
Frankensly is offline                         Send a private message to Frankensly
Old 19-05-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Since I can't send you PMs until the admins "restart" the userbase, I'll post here my response:

"I have indeed uploaded the game, but believe me, I never played the game. I have such a habit of not playing a sequel before the previous titles, and since I didn't play LHoD 1, nor 2, I just checked if the game is working.

However, you should really ask the reviewer, Shadow_Stalker. I don't know how much he progressed through the game, but maybe he knows how to solve your current situation.

Since this is a very rare game, there are no walkthroughs or solution files on the internet. Thus, new players are put in a delicate situation. I'm sorry to say this, but you're kind of on your own. Let's hope that someone who played the game before will respond in the thread."
Old 19-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Frankensly

Alright, looks like the bug with this dog is still present, but thats not the problem. The point is, when you get back to the room where the dog WAS, he´s gone. You´ll find the dog down in the labyrinth in the "Vamps Hideout". Thats the point where I´m stuck right now, but it looks like this graphic bug doesn´t make the game unplayable. If I find out something new, I let you know. Maybe I´ll post a "walkthrough" later, f I´m in the mood, so you guys can progress as far as I got.

Cya

Last edited by Frankensly; 19-05-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Frankensly is offline                         Send a private message to Frankensly
Old 19-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

I hope the game can be finished. Or else someone will have to hack the exe.
Old 19-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
Frankensly

I think it will be, cause I just passed the scene, where I had to get the bone from the dog.