Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
Treewyrm
Abandonia nerd

I'm not sure if anybody have suggested this before but here is what I would love to see on abandonia:

As we all know getting old dos games to run most of the times requires dosbox. However making those games run smooth and perfectl can be a trouble. Good performance is archived by trial & error and while there are topics for each game to discuss searching for those optimal dosbox settings can be quite annoying. So here is what I think: additional text field for games displaying those optimal settings and dosbox version (or certain cvs build, for example "daum cafe" can archive higher performance than official one at certain games). Of course I understand that some values highly depend on the machine you're running dosbox at, still some games work better with certain settings no matter what machine you're running it at. For example Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret: it's better to run No Remorse with cpu=normal while No Regret runs smooth with dynamic. Could also specificy lowest cycle value at which game performs as it should if it was in native dos environment. Personally I would contribute those settings I have figured out by trial & error for many games. Problem is that in forum thread they will be lost beneath posts discussing the game itself. And a person who isn't much familiar with dosbox inner workings can stuck for days trying to figure out configuration for a certain game.

I hope you guys will think of something like that, I bet it will help people a lot without having them to crawl through pages of game disscussion topic.

p.s. sorry for my english :-)
Treewyrm is offline                         Send a private message to Treewyrm