Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #61
MrDeadly
Game freak

As a matter of fact we still are. At least I haven't heard any progress on the subject. So if you have a way to get it once again that is great Kon-Tiki!
Old 13-12-2007, 01:19 AM   #62
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Not sure if I have or not, but I'll look for it again then One more that searches can never hurt, and who knows... maybe I'm as lucky as I was last year
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 13-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #63
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Yes, we are interested, we will wait your answer Mr.Kon-Tiki
Old 27-12-2007, 06:11 AM   #64
MrDeadly
Game freak

The final days of 2007 are upon us, but just before the year ends I have a pleasant surprise for you all:

Klapauzius, the same guy who translated the french version of Black Sect for the Atari ST to english recently (which link was deleted in this forum :confused, accomplished to create an english version for the PC!!! Yes it is true! All the text has been translated, with the exception of:
- The intro credits (no big deal)
- The help text for the locations (probably contained in the LIEUXX.SEC files)
- The help text for objects (probably contained in OBJETS.O (?))
- In the "go to" panel, (W)est is still O(uest). Would need to change the graphix.

So, what does this mean? It means that this is probably the closest you'll ever get to an english version of this game unless someone who owns it joins abandonia with the thought; "Well, maybe I'll be nice to these poor bastards..".

Let me just say that Klapauzius is my personal hero of the second half of 2007. What he has achieved is truly fantastic and will bring joy to a lot of people who have always wanted to play this game. He is also a great inspiration, and a rare find in the world of game-collectors where too many do too little and expect everything they want to fall into their lap.

But enough talk, here's what you do:
1. Download the french/spanish version of Black Sect from the page www.lankhor.net
2. Download the file "Textes.o" here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZF56IBN

3. Replace this file with the textes.o file in the game's file-directory
4. Run the game in dosbox
5. Have fun and praise Klapauzius for giving you a unique christmas gift!

oh, and I'll be of until next year so: happy new year from MrDeadly!
Old 27-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #65
Klapauzius
Lurker

Hi there.

First, thanks for all the (too) kind words.

Since there seems to be some interest in the English Black Sect version, I thought I'd give you some more details about how it was done, etc.

Well, one thing I can say for sure (ok, let's say 99.99% sure ;-) ) is that there never was an official finished English version of Black Sect.
As you might have read, the developer Lankhor went bankrupt in 2001. As luck would have it, we received some of the data that were still on the developer's hard disks when they went out of business. Fredo_L of Lankhor.net supplied us with these.
It turned out that Lankhor had, at some point, started to do an English translation, probably shortly after the game had already been released in French language. My guess is that they didn't bother to finish the English version once they saw the quite meagre sales figures for the French one.

My English translation is based upon what had already been started by the developers. Lots of text had to be added and most of the text that was in English already didn't sound quite right to English ears ("Frenglish" ), so it had to be redone too. Lankhor's English text obviously had been in a very early stage of development.

As for the PC version: we were lucky that the text encoding in the PC version is identical to the one on the Atari ST (which is not a console btw, but a home computer - and a very good one for it's time. There's also no "ROMs" on the Atari ST, but floppy disks, just like with the PC).

It would probably be much more work to get the remaining French text patched to English, as the rest of the text is scattered over a quite large number of files. It can be done, for sure, but I really can't say when I would come around to doing this.

For anyone who wants to try to patch the remaining English text in, I can supply you with the plain text files. Drop me a note if you're interested.

Cheers

Klaz
Klapauzius is offline                         Send a private message to Klapauzius
Old 27-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #66
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Thanks for your info and support Klaz, now we need
volunteers am I right?
Maybe Abandonia's French translators could help us!

lilianne
xcom freak
falconbe

Last edited by Dave; 27-12-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Dave is offline                         Send a private message to Dave
Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #67
Plague1503

Default Plague of the Moon [Protected]

Anyway, I stumbled upon this game on those old shareware CDs and never found any trace of it since, been looking for 6-7 years now on all kinds of abandonware sites (this included).

What I remember is that the intro was really creepy (the whole game and atmosphere is creepy and macabre), something about a witch being burned at stake and cursing the villagers, after that it would snap to a point-n-click interface not unlike LucasArts' games (except that the style wasn't as cartoonish). You played the role of her daughter (or granddaughter, can't really remember), and in the beginning room there was a hung lamb with blood dripping from it and some other sacrifice and witchery-related stuff, you could pick it all up and then go a few screens to the right but if you took the wrong route to the village, the villagers would find and kill you.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Plague1503 is offline                         Send a private message to Plague1503
Old 05-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #68
olemars
Forum hobbit

Could be Blair Witch 3. It's not exactly a lucasartsy point n' click adventure, but it does have witches and even a sacrificed sheep hanging by a rope.
olemars is offline                         Send a private message to olemars
Old 06-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #69
Plague1503

Off by a long shot. This came out sometime in the early/mid 90's, had grainy graphics, not unlike Indy 3. But thanks for the effort.
Plague1503 is offline                         Send a private message to Plague1503
Old 06-06-2008, 04:54 AM   #70
Lathi

I believe I know the game you're talking about, but the name totally escapes me, as well. Was there a wood near the starting location that, if you entered at the wrong time, you were eaten by a shadow-monster (or maybe it was a vampire)? I think the word 'blood' was in the title, but I'm not 100% certain.

Last edited by Lathi; 06-06-2008 at 05:00 AM.
Lathi is offline                         Send a private message to Lathi