Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #91
NeFuRii

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 6 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]293214[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think this answers your question:
[/b]
Nope. not really.
You just copied dosbox's features. As i have said already twice, I dont want to use dosbox, since my computer is too slow, and the game doesnt run too well. I was asking if dosbox can emulate IPX ALONE, like vdmsound (which i said i doubt, but who knows...). That is load up drivers into normal _NOT_ emulated dos. Have you even read one of my posts? This is my third one so far, in each im saying that I can't use dosbox's dos emulation and i'm asking if there is other way to emulate IPX ___ALONE___.
I perfectly know that dosbox emulates IPX, but to have dosbox's IPX i need to run the game in dosbox as well, and that is not an option.
NeFuRii is offline                         Send a private message to NeFuRii
Old 06-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #92
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It cannot, but you might want to ask around at http://vogons.zetafleet.com - maybe someone there will find a solution for your problem.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #93
NeFuRii

ok, thank you very much .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Raduuuz @ Mar 19 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]284213[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi everybody,

does somebody happen to have M.A.X. 2 ?

if yes, please send me a note to [BEEEP]@gmail.com

Thank you!!!
[/b]
Well, can't help you much there, I do have max2, but it would take ages to upload with my slow connection speed. But I wonder, why do you want it? Have you tried max and decided that max2 might be good too? or have you already played max2 some time ago and thought it was fun?
From what I can say, max2 could be voted as one of the worst games ever made, along with master of orion 3 . It's all that was max 1, except the best parts were cut out, and nothing was added worth mentioning (the semi 3D terrain isnt too well represented, its damn ugly and hard to distinquish betweem units and the terrain obstacles). The game aint worth the effort.

I'm not sure anybody reads this, but I've done some little overcloacking, and now max more or less works in dosbox. IS there anyone who would like to try a multiplayer game? PM me, or leave a message .
NeFuRii is offline                         Send a private message to NeFuRii
Old 25-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #94
4TR3X

Can someone run through a quick guide please on how to run M.A.X. on XP installed from the CD(it requires the CD in the drive to play it, atleast on Win 98).

Have got a dual boot setup on 2 PC's to play this beast but have to reinstall 1 now and dont want to use dual boot takes too long to setup.

Thanks in advanced.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NeFuRii @ Jun 6 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]293225[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
ok, thank you very much .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Raduuuz @ Mar 19 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]284213[/snapback]
Quote:
Hi everybody,

does somebody happen to have M.A.X. 2 ?

if yes, please send me a note to [BEEEP]@gmail.com

Thank you!!!
[/b]
Well, can't help you much there, I do have max2, but it would take ages to upload with my slow connection speed. But I wonder, why do you want it? Have you tried max and decided that max2 might be good too? or have you already played max2 some time ago and thought it was fun?
From what I can say, max2 could be voted as one of the worst games ever made, along with master of orion 3 . It's all that was max 1, except the best parts were cut out, and nothing was added worth mentioning (the semi 3D terrain isnt too well represented, its damn ugly and hard to distinquish betweem units and the terrain obstacles). The game aint worth the effort.

I'm not sure anybody reads this, but I've done some little overcloacking, and now max more or less works in dosbox. IS there anyone who would like to try a multiplayer game? PM me, or leave a message .
[/b][/quote]

Would be up for that once I get it running smoother. Need it running on 2 machines. First is AMD Athlon 1GHz 768MB SD and the other is Core 2 Duo E6400 1GB DDR2.

Any help on this would be appreciated, but have only just started myself so will proberly sort something out just anxious to get back into it, without dual booting.
4TR3X is offline                         Send a private message to 4TR3X
Old 25-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #95
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4TR3X @ Jun 25 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]296283[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Can someone run through a quick guide please on how to run M.A.X. on XP installed from the CD(it requires the CD in the drive to play it, atleast on Win 98).[/b]
Look in the Compability-Section for all info on dual boot, virtual machines and setups / compabilities in plain XP.
Quote:
Have got a dual boot setup on 2 PC's to play this beast but have to reinstall 1 now and dont want to use dual boot takes too long to setup.[/b]
Too bad you didn't make an image... Then it would be maybe 40 minutes to do a rollback and the system would be up again.
Old 25-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #96
4TR3X

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Jun 25 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]296288[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4TR3X @ Jun 25 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]296283[/snapback]
Quote:
Can someone run through a quick guide please on how to run M.A.X. on XP installed from the CD(it requires the CD in the drive to play it, atleast on Win 98).[/b]
Look in the Compability-Section for all info on dual boot, virtual machines and setups / compabilities in plain XP.
Quote:
Have got a dual boot setup on 2 PC's to play this beast but have to reinstall 1 now and dont want to use dual boot takes too long to setup.[/b]
Too bad you didn't make an image... Then it would be maybe 40 minutes to do a rollback and the system would be up again.
[/b][/quote]

To be honest I would prefer not to run Win 98 anyways.
Old 25-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #97
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4TR3X @ Jun 25 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]296290[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
To be honest I would prefer not to run Win 98 anyways.[/b]
Look closer. There's a guide for running games in XP.
If that doesn't work on your machine, try VDMSound or DosBox.
Old 25-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #98

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Jun 25 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]296291[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4TR3X @ Jun 25 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]296290[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b][/quote]

I got it running in DOSBox on both machines in Win XP took about 15 mins to work it out and setup on both :P

Problem I got now is networking.

The IPX tunnelling just will not connect.

I start the server fine with no issues then I have to connect to the server. It says the server is on 127.0.0.1 so I set IPXNET CONNECT 127.0.0.1 and it comes back with Failed To Connect To IPX Server.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I am able to ping via IP and have deactivated firewalls on both machines, only possible is router but for internal it should be ok.

Old 26-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #99
4TR3X

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 25 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]296326[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Jun 25 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]296291[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4TR3X @ Jun 25 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]296290[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b][/quote]

I got it running in DOSBox on both machines in Win XP took about 15 mins to work it out and setup on both :P

Problem I got now is networking.

The IPX tunnelling just will not connect.

I start the server fine with no issues then I have to connect to the server. It says the server is on 127.0.0.1 so I set IPXNET CONNECT 127.0.0.1 and it comes back with Failed To Connect To IPX Server.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I am able to ping via IP and have deactivated firewalls on both machines, only possible is router but for internal it should be ok.
[/b][/quote]

Sorry this was me just forgot to login. I have it all working now, using connect to pc name instead of ipx address.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #100
Gordon

Forget about M.A.X because you are heading to the worst nightmare!!!!

Yes, M.A.X is the best turn per turn strategy game ever created. No doubt about that. As soon as you start to play this game, you cannot go away from it. It is like a drug!!!!

BUT, you will soon discover that the game is full of bugs. If you start a gme vs computer opponents, no matter what you do, the game will start to freeze when you will have a lot of units on the map.

In fact, at the end of a turn, when the clock reach zero, the game will freeze. You can reload and sometimes, it is going to work, till the next turn when the bug will happen again and again.

I have installed the latest patch but it seems this bug was never corrected. And this is really annoying.

If someone encountered this bug and found a solution, please feel free to talk about it. Because, sadly it turned the best strategy game ever to a nightmare...

You have been warned!