Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-03-2005, 07:57 PM   #41
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

From what I heard, because I never played it was that the interface wasn't that great, it essentially looked like a port of the x-box version, which angered pc users, the story wasn't as deep as Deus Ex, and from some of the reading that I've done I agree.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 30-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #42
Koen
Game Wizzard

About Deus Ex 2

Quote:
I never played it, whats bad about it?
Well, first, you can't use stealth anymore. It's just shooting around most of the time. Second, levels are small, so many (long) loading times. Third, there is only one ammo for every weapon. So if you don't have sniper ammo anymore, you also don't have pistol ammo anymore, because they share the same ammo. Fourth, seperated damage is gone. So you can't be hit in the leg or something anymore. Headshots don't work anymore. Fifth, it had many bugs, like going to desktop while loading, not playing any sound etc. It's a huge fallback if you look at the first episode. The only thing that's left is the story (you will meet chars from part 1), and the possibility to play it multiple ways (but after playing it once, I didn't want to play it a second time).
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 30-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #43
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's what happens when a console game is moved to PC in today's marketplace - so much for "Xbox games won't do that 'cos it's basically a tiny PC in a box..."
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 31-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #44
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah I still wonder why the game even got on the x-box, must have been Edios doing I suppose, I always imagine that the next x-box will have like a preloaded windows one day, heh heh.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 31-03-2005, 08:46 AM   #45
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Thumbs down

DreadLord, does dying include letting yourself be captured by Gunther? If it doesn't, then I have completed the game (Gunther is literally unkillable at this point, I tried. Even LAWing him in the head at master Heavy Weapons for over 10k damage did not finish him off).

I also had a little experiment involving seeing if I could kill no-one and just knock them out/killswitch them. The stopped at the 747 when I decided to kill Anna, but started again after that interlude.

Even if I play as a killer, I let the door guy at UNATCO live (although I knock him out) because he's a very nice guy.

Did you know - MiBs DO NOT explode if you knock them out? Which means that once unconscious, they will never explode. If you did, then sorry.

Another point - In Hong Kong, did you know that in the Lucky Money when you meet the Triad leaders for wine, you can't kill Gordon Quick but you can kill the other guy (might be the other way around, I forget).

Oh and Deus Ex: Invisible war is sh!t. Don't buy it, it removed all of the cool stuff from Deus Ex, for example leaning and different kinds of ammunition. Yep, it all comes out of a big ammo pool, which is rubbish. Oh, I just picked up an automatic rifle clip! I'll fire off a GEP gun with one of these!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 31-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #46
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read that you can kill Gordan Quick from the Luminous path, but you can't kill Max Chan.

Old 31-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #47
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

*sighs* oh well...

btw have any of you found a non-harmful way to get rid of the prostitutes in Hong Kong? The only way that I could find was to knock them out. If you kill them the Militiary Police start fight with you, and you don't want that.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 31-03-2005, 04:48 PM   #48
Koen
Game Wizzard

Aaaah... of course! Knocking down isn't killing!
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 31-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #49
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Make them unconcious and hack them with a combat knife or crowbar until the body explodes, I've done this to unconcious troopers while their friends were around, and they didn't seem to mind.
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 31-03-2005, 05:22 PM   #50
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yes they seem oblivious to you when that happens, I tried knifing them when they were on the ground, never got them to explode though, at least with the knife.