Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
carlmcdade

Quote:
Originally Posted by David86 View Post
Sorry, I understand your situation but I won't delete my profile, this is my favourite site ever.
Explain me why they should not care about their investiments, I don't really understand.

Btw Kosta should be aware of this, Romano could you please contact him?
Thanks
I am using abandonia as a forum and I consider Kosta a good friend. I worked close with him here in Sweden for many months. He is a smart guy and we share an admiration for Tesla. So I don't want to hurt Abandonia as a community in any way. I especially don't want to ruin any business deals Kosta may have or hurt him. So you don't have to delete your profile

But I do feel that people should be aware of the many things that happen in the background their favorite community. You can then go forward by making your own decisions based on good knowledge and feel good about your choices. Maybe deletion of profiles is a little harsh. But three or four days of complete silence will get a lot of attention. Because Abandonia is the last stronghold for Studentis.

Of course things may go the other way. A sudden flood into Abandonia to read this thread would kill the server and cause the router to have fits:nuts:
carlmcdade is offline                         Send a private message to carlmcdade
Old 27-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Because Abandonia is the last stronghold for Studentis.
Could you elaborate what exactly do you mean?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #13
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

wait...are you trying to get Abandonia shutdown?

Please stop..
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 27-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #14
humorguy
Super Freak

Well, given this thread, and given how long the servers have been down, I think this is the end of Abandonia. To be honest, I felt something was wrong from the moment I saw the new website design. I said at the time it had gone from a cosy site to like a business excel demonstration, and that made me suspicious.

With this new site things like getting a thread response email, clicking the link, having to log in, logging in then taking me to my profile page and from there having to find the thread concerned to post a reply also made me angry! All this means I haven't visited Abandonia half as much since the new site design as I did before the change.

Despite the above - good luck Abandonia, no doubt in a week or so I will pop back and see what happened. Somehow, at the very least, I think the servers will still be down......

Last edited by humorguy; 27-05-2008 at 09:45 PM.
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 27-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Why must the good die young
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 27-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #16
carlmcdade

Alexa is not perfect but it gives a good view of the comparative value of abandonia as vs. all the other Studentis aquisitions.

Although it has declined slightly Abandonia remains the flagship and can be used to drive traffic to any number of websites in the ring. It also can be used to pump up numbers when potential investors look at the general stats for all the companies holdings.
carlmcdade is offline                         Send a private message to carlmcdade
Old 27-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #17
Tulac
Union Leader

Well trust me most members here don't have a good opinion about studentis and all the things that happened ever since the partnership started, but there's nothing we can do. If we boycott this site it would just kill it, and the community which doesn't have good opinion about studentis anyway.

If anyone can do anything about this then it is Kosta himself.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 27-05-2008, 10:06 PM   #18
carlmcdade

Take note I do not want to shut down Abandonia! If it helps some can change the thread title to "Boycott Studentis". I am guilty of being angry and using the title to gain attention.

What I would like to see is the power of the Abandonia community leveraged in away to make Studentis aware of how dangerous it is not to listen and to think that they simply can use people. Because believe me there have been numerous conversations concerning how important it is not to piss off the those that work hard to make Abandonia work. Kosta never stopped saying this while building the new site. But the Studentis leadership seems to always have another agenda, one that does not necessarily include the opinions and ideas of the Abandonia community. I would hate to see Abandonia become ghost town like Student.se which seems to be hanging on by having a popular domain name.

Student.se was fine but now it looks like a cross between lunarstorm and a brochure website. It is totally lifeless and has no personality while being milked for ad revenue. It is one of the sites that is being used for the "Google please buy us campaign". Something we all know will never happen. The originator of the site has moved on to better things about 6 weeks ago. I think that he knew that working with Studentis was a mistake and decided to part ways with them before getting screwed.

Last edited by carlmcdade; 27-05-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 27-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #19
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The end of Abandonia?

The core of this site knows very well this will never happen. If this site close down, it will open again somewhere else. If we can't use the name "Abandonia" again, we'll simply rename it...

Don't despair. We're here.
Old 27-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #20
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

I think you are right...if something wrong happens...we could ask asylum to Abandonia Reloaded until things won't be solved, we could reorganize things there.

Btw thanks "carlmcdade", you are answering to several questions we had from long time.