Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #41

there wont even move that dang cursor without dosbox.. no way to enter even the code in the beginning. dirt

Old 24-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #42
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Then use DOSBox. The game page suggests that you will not be able to play it properly in Windows. Get DOSBox, read the tutorial, and ask if there are any issues still.
Old 24-08-2007, 11:57 PM   #43

well my friend you'd have done better reading the posts above, which say, that its impossible entering a train when you play with dosbox, which was my problem i tried to solve..

but actually i did it!!
and the only thing i did was, i inceased the speed of dosbox.. to about 6000cpu cycles while it was running.. then clicked on the open subway train doors.. and there you go.. i'm in the train.. crazy
well now

Old 25-08-2007, 08:54 AM   #44
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

so it was possible to enter the train using dosbox..
Old 26-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #45

damn, now that i finally managed to come so far using dosbox i allways get an error message, when narn is supposed to get a crate for me, just when he would go from the towncenter to the spaceport... maybe its because of dosbox? anyway i wont find out cause it wont run without dosbox at all...

does anyone know if theres a patch or something? or does anyone know that problem?

frustrating pile of dirt..!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #46
jmanplan
Lurker

Default trouble running game

when trying to run this game in dosbox it says failure to load unable to open "iuc_main.dat" im not sure if im not getting the entire download for some reason or if maybe i was doing something wrong but any assitance would be appreciated
jmanplan is offline                         Send a private message to jmanplan
Old 10-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #47
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Did you try redownloading the archive?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
well my friend you'd have done better reading the posts above, which say, that its impossible entering a train when you play with dosbox, which was my problem i tried to solve..

but actually i did it!!
and the only thing i did was, i inceased the speed of dosbox.. to about 6000cpu cycles while it was running.. then clicked on the open subway train doors.. and there you go.. i'm in the train.. crazy
well now
yep, increasing the speed to 6000 cycles worked - ctrl-f12 to increase, ctrl-f11 to decrease.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #49
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I just started this one, it's nice so far, has good humor witch is pretty important for me in the (cartoonish)adventure games.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 26-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #50
keropi_666

THIS IS HOW TO GET SOUNDBLASTER WORKING WITH IUC

I found out how to get SB working. The game depends on the CT-VOICE.DRV for SB access (this .drv is part of the SoundBlaster DOS drivers)

It needs the SET SOUND enviroment to be set, so it knows where to look for an load the sb driver. It will always look on the \drv\ subdirectory location no matter what.

So how do you enable it: simple. Say you have your SB drivers in C:\SB16 directory. Make there a \DRV\ subdirectory and put there the CT-VOICE.DRV file. Now on the dos prompt type: SET SOUND=C:\SB16

the game will look for the sb16\drv\CT-VOICE.DRV file, load it and use SoundBlaster
keropi_666 is offline                         Send a private message to keropi_666