Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2006, 09:48 PM   #41
Master MC
Hero Gamer

The map is crap? Could you please elaborate?
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #42

u get 1 peice of map from the poker man , anyone know where u find the rest

Old 06-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #43
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 6 2006, 03:26 AM
u get 1 peice of map from the poker man , anyone know where u find the rest
I only know of the map you can buy at the mercantile...
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 07-01-2006, 02:50 AM   #44

its a map that has been split into 4 - anyone know?

Old 07-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #45
ted striker

you can find them in caves.
ted striker is offline                         Send a private message to ted striker
Old 15-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #46
Guest_Silverback

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that I just found the Lost Dutchman's Mine. It was in the upper RIGHT hand corner of the screen, where the mountains make a kind of cove around the desert. Someone else mentioned on here that they thought they had found it, and they were right. It was in a mine with the framework, but I had to use the rope to desend to a lower level. Make sure you have the rope with you, or you can't get to it. I had the pick, shovel, rope, lantern, and matches with me, plus 5 canteens and the rest food. There was a load of gold in the mine, and I had to leave to unload and get the rope before going back in. Anyway, when you go down the rope, the ceiling starts caving in, and if you don't move immediately to the right, you'll get knocked down several times, and die. When you go to the right, there's a passage way, then a room with multiple ropes, with spiders climbing up and down the ropes. The room is glittering with gold, but you can't mine any of it. You have to climb up the ropes, avoiding the spiders, and climb out of the room. The third rope is the only one that will allow exit from the room. Then, when you reenter the town, and go to the assay office, there is a new option available, called "claim". Hit the button, and you get a claim number. Then when you leave the office, there's a little congrats screen saying that you found the mine, and you're instantly weathy and famous. There's a picture of you standing in front of the saloon wearing a tux and tophat. That's it. Hope you all find it too!
PS. I started the game by going to the saloon and playing poker. There's a little glitch where if you bet, but don't enter an amount, the opponent will never raise. If you have a really good hand (three of a kind or better) just type in a large amount, close to or all of your amount, and he'll probably call. I made about $50,000 in about 10 minutes, and the clock time didn't change. I then bought supplies, all three mules, revolver and ammo, and started mining. Hope this helps!

Old 15-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #47
ted striker

k: k: k: as far as i know mine locations change everytime you begin annother game.
ted striker is offline                         Send a private message to ted striker
Old 16-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #48
Larsson

The only things I use when I'm mining is a couple of canteens, fishing hook, fish that i've catched, pick, matches, lantern and pan. Sometimes revolver, bullets, gloves and rope.

Do I need anything else? Like, can i sleep in the desert if i have longjohns and a blanket?:blink:

As I remember it, the lost mine moves and aren't at the same location in every restarted game.
Larsson is offline                         Send a private message to Larsson
Old 16-03-2006, 10:13 AM   #49
ted striker

well you can't.. i had the same fantasy.. so heartbreaking.. but you cant.. i couldnt.
Old 16-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #50
Larsson

BTW, what kind of poker do you play at the saloon?
Larsson is offline                         Send a private message to Larsson