Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #31
ted striker

Quote:
Originally posted by Jochen@Jan 5 2006, 12:09 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to ask your opinion on this:
My oldtimer stepped into a mine that first looked like a usual mine with frames (?) and ladders, gold and so on. Then I found a passage downward to an unexplored part of the mine. The whole walls were glimming like gold (Is this the lost mine?), but i couldn't get it. Trying to get back out, I had to see that the exit wasn't there anymore, just a dead end.
So I went further down, where came into a room with several ropes and spiders running up and down the ropes. Having managed to climb the ropes without having died from the spiders (after some trying), I came back to the usual part of the mine with an exit, but nothing else...
What's it all about? Just a gimmik? The lost mine? Don't know..

Maybe You do? :blink:

Greetings,
Jochen
hey i think you did? ve never been able to find the mine myself, though yours sounds quite like you did. so nothing happened after this? nothing like congratulations screen??
ted striker is offline                         Send a private message to ted striker
Old 05-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #32
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Has anyone noticed the save games? 'Korea' has 18770 bucks! Ted, did you not upload the game?
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 05-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #33
ted striker

just reviewed MC. why?
ted striker is offline                         Send a private message to ted striker
Old 05-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #34
Master MC
Hero Gamer

I wondered how you got the money. But nevermind.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 05-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #35
ted striker

i've got 10000 bucks at the end of the first week and i tried for caves usually. buy three burros and hang around mines for a few days, fill your burros with loads (one mine makes around 15 sacks usually, which equals around 4500 bucks) so if you mine hard youll have 18000 at the end of the week.. but havin that much of money is nothing according to game progress. whats important is to find the lost dutchman mine rite? you need money to buy food, merchandise and payin for your medication. thats all.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #36
ted striker

two tips:

if ladder is blocked by falling rocks, use your pick until fallen stones are gone. then youre free to descend.

there arre two types of packs if you noticed: 1- small packs which wort simply nothing (these are panning sacks also) and 2-big bags which worth more then 400 usually (one of my big sacks made 640 bucks). if the first sack in a mine is small then dont bother to dig that mine. though still explore it maybe its the lost mine.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #37
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Using korea.sav, I gambled with Dapper Dan using extravagant bets. In that way, he could only offer a piece of a map. I felt I achieved something big - but it was only a small piece of the map you can buy at the mercantile. Now how useful is that!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:56 PM   #38
jochen

Quote:
Originally posted by ted striker@Jan 5 2006, 02:48 PM

hey i think you did?* ve never been able to find the mine myself, though yours sounds quite like you did. so nothing happened after this? nothing like congratulations screen??
No nothin happened...
I just stepped out of the mine (couldn't go further in) and there i was again in the mountains, but nothing else happened. The game went on as usual...

Old 05-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #39
jochen

Quote:
Originally posted by jochen+Jan 5 2006, 07:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jochen @ Jan 5 2006, 07:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ted striker@Jan 5 2006, 02:48 PM

hey i think you did?* ve never been able to find the mine myself, though yours sounds quite like you did. so nothing happened after this? nothing like congratulations screen??
No nothin happened...
I just stepped out of the mine (couldn't go further in) and there i was again in the mountains, but nothing else happened. The game went on as usual... [/b][/quote]
Well...I tried again...
finally managed to grab some gold from down there, past the spiders. Then I had to go back to town and claim the mine at the assay office. That's all.
So it was the lost mine.
And oldtimer became a wealthy man :w00t:

By the way, the map is crap!

Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #40
ted striker

well done jochen k: