Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #41
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Megaplex runs Supaplex without a hitch at all. So about using DOSbox for this game isn´t a good option.

http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index.php?s...ost&p=66622

this post explains everything.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #42
Soperplex
Lurker

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Actually I´m stuck in two levels... 24 and 35. I´m feeling already really stupid because I can´t find a way to pass them . Someone please can help me some way? thank u
Hmmm... Odd...
Level 35 is one of the easiest. You can finished it in less than 40 seconds.
Btw, 62 is a 15 seconds level. Let us know when you get to it :laugh:
Just kiddin'
Soperplex is offline                         Send a private message to Soperplex
Old 22-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #43
ElectroGamer

This is one of my all-time favorites, I play it when i was 10 and still playing. I remember being stuck at level 71 and made a celebration the first time i completed it!!! (my nightmare for this one)
And I still have a few levels to complete the full game, the last ones are very very hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
Actually I´m stuck in two levels... 24 and 35. I´m feeling already really stupid because I can´t find a way to pass them . Someone please can help me some way? thank u
Level 24 is only timing: you must find the right time to get in the pipes before the sink snaks eat you, and reserve that infortron that frees everything for the last, then run for the one-way pipe at the bottom. The rest is only placing red disk in the proper places.
For level 35, it is in fact one of the easiers, regardless what it can appear at first: the key is to kill the electron with the infotron, resist to te temptation to eat it, and so you will get those 9 you need.
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 27-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #44
HPerk

Default Nice to see yet another Supaplex forum...

If you want to know more about Supaplex, read the doc in the zip at elmerproductions.com. Or download the pdf from the forum at infordigital.com (which is an updated version of that doc).

The original game, which is found here on Abandonia, runs twice as fast as originally designed, due to the special synchronization with the frame frequency of the VGA electronics: Original code ran slow on PCs of those days, and the game synchronization was performed with 2 VGA-frames. As PCs became faster, that game synchronization went wrong in 1 VGA-frame, so the game ran exactly twice as fast.
Furthermore, the used video mode (320x200 at 16 colors) is badly implemented in several newer video chips, because it is not supported by any Windows version: The very special horizontal soft scrolling electronics for this video mode is not implemented properly in some (few) chips, letting the game field quickly jump during any horizontal movement.

Use the SpeedFix (SpFix63.exe) in stead of Supaplex.exe, which runs the exact game code, but is debugged and offers some better bookkeeping features like savegames and creating demos.
HPerk is offline                         Send a private message to HPerk
Old 27-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

One word: DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #46
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Actually, you have to be careful in DOSBox as well. I think about 10000 cycles was good, anything over that was too fast.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 28-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #47
ElectroGamer

I think the best way to run supaplex is to use both the speedfix and DosBox. I run it with no problems that way.

And also something more, as HPerk said, the speedfix is not only a patch, but instead is a full upgrade of the game with many new features, mainly the chance to play totaly new levels!!! even to make new with an editor. It's a nice add-on.

In http://www.elmerproductions.com there are alos a lot of new levels and the solutions for ALL levels!!. This is my favorite web on this game. :nuts:
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 30-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #48
HPerk

To correct something: The SpeedFix does not include an editor.

I disassembled supaplex.exe, debugged it (repaired the speed in first instance, hence the name SpeedFix), added new bookkeeping features like recording demos, switching between different levelsets, and a lot more, without changing the game itself in any way (apart from repairing some bad bugs). And the latest result is the reassembled version with the name spfix63.exe. Every change and addition -and a lot more- can be read in the plain text file spfix63.doc and in the updated >>>spfix63a.pdf<<<

I also let Frank Schindler from Dresden, Germany, use my disassembly to implement Supaplex in Visual Basic. He took the game part and converted each machine language instruction of the game part exactly to create Megaplex, which also plays levels of different size and includes a level editor.

Paulo Matoso from Portugal, the owner of infordigital.com, developed (and develops) Megaplex further with nicer graphics and a lot more.
HPerk is offline                         Send a private message to HPerk
Old 16-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #49
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Wohoo!!! I did it, finished all levels of Supaplex. Active playing time
10:45:08 (could have done better but forgot to pause the game sometimes when thinking the solution).
This won't prove anything but:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	supaplex_000.png
Views:	198
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	880  
zirkoni is offline                         Send a private message to zirkoni
Old 16-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #50
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
Wohoo!!! I did it, finished all levels of Supaplex. Active playing time
10:45:08 ......
AKA: a no-life person.
:tongue:

Anyway, congrats, there are some hard levels in that game.....

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider