Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-08-2016, 01:45 AM   #1
FryFro

Default FryFro - 14,000 DOS games on my PC. want some?

I was browsing a private torrent site, and I found a torrent claiming to have 14,000 dos games included in the 30 GB file. There were notes from the original team in the torrent, and I read on their site about how it's their mission to document and include every single dos game in their collection. The file I have is the eleventh version of their release. I tried a few games, and so far it's legitimate. They claim to test and clean up every single file, as well as include both patched and unpatched versions.

Now I'm not scamming you, I like this site. I wrote a review for one of the games here a few months ago, and I finally got around to changing my password so I could access the forums. Terribly sorry that I'm not at home at the moment, but I couldn't resist posting this. I will provide links and screenshots once I'm home. Am I a slowpoke and do you guys already know about this?

EDIT: After reading the rules of sharing games, I realized that I might not have a whole lot of games to share with you guys with the probability of more than half of the games being warez is high. I will share the games I can share, though. Hopefully I can offer something you've been looking for

Last edited by FryFro; 30-08-2016 at 02:29 AM.
FryFro is offline                         Send a private message to FryFro
Old 30-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

As you are talking about DOS collection, it's not really very fresh news. Also, there is one catch with this: almost everyone here (from usuals of course) can get games - but make proper review, with screenshots and such, is different thing, and placing it on site is totally up to admins (and it will never happen without review).

But otherwise you are totally welcome, and you are free to make some of this reviews by yourself! (To maximize your chances, I would recommend to browse "approved" section).

(BTW, current release since August 12 is #12, so you are slightly behind of schedule - but I have no idea if it made its way to the public torrents).
Old 30-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Looks amazing. Wish we had a list of games we need versus ones that you have. But it looks like an impossible job. 30 gig. Argh.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 30-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #4
FryFro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
As you are talking about DOS collection, it's not really very fresh news. Also, there is one catch with this: almost everyone here (from usuals of course) can get games - but make proper review, with screenshots and such, is different thing, and placing it on site is totally up to admins (and it will never happen without review).

But otherwise you are totally welcome, and you are free to make some of this reviews by yourself! (To maximize your chances, I would recommend to browse "approved" section).

(BTW, current release since August 12 is #12, so you are slightly behind of schedule - but I have no idea if it made its way to the public torrents).
Thank you for the info. I read about screenshots and reviews, and of course that is something I am capable of . I might be boasting here, but I think I'm a great reviewer fit for the job. It stinks that people know about this, but I couldn't find anything about the dos collection here already. Thanks again.
FryFro is offline                         Send a private message to FryFro
Old 30-08-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

For example, here is my last post regarding of the question:

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/sho...2&postcount=16

*looks on arete reproachfully* You could ask me for the list for DOS Collection, if you really need it. Actually, I was sure that everyone could get this list by themselves...

Here is your list, splitted by years, and also full (it's "master list" at the end of page).

Hmm, but maybe it's out of date... let me check...

Yes, year old. :/ And also hard to read... Ok, ok, I'll make you more useful one.

---

Here you are.
Attached Files
File Type: zip allhave.zip (241.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 30-08-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 01-09-2016, 04:04 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
...and placing it on site is totally up to admins (and it will never happen without review).
Just to make it clear here, as I saw you stating this before: games can end up on site without reviews. The games will not be uploaded without screenshots.

But as FryFro is offering his reviewing capabilities, we are more welcoming games with reviews

Thank you for your contributions, in advance
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Marco, if you'll promise me to upload the games, I can give you needed screenshots. Give me the list, and games will be on the Abandonia FTP in pace of 2-3 per week. No reviews though.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #8
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hurray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryFro View Post
Thank you for the info. I read about screenshots and reviews, and of course that is something I am capable of . I might be boasting here, but I think I'm a great reviewer fit for the job. It stinks that people know about this, but I couldn't find anything about the dos collection here already. Thanks again.

Hi, dear mate FryFro,

May I see Yr game list, please?

Thank You for Yr time and help.

brave yoga

Old 03-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #9
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yoga, list is attached in my message above.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:23 AM   #10
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Yoga, list is attached in my message above.

Very well, dear Supermod SS,
We are lucky to have such competent, kind
Supermod from Mother Русь.
And best gamer after my friend Capo.
You make my day one happy day!
СПАСИБО!! (TY)

Thats why i like AB.