Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-12-2007, 02:05 PM   #41
Driderman

Is there by any chance a guide to what the different items do in the game?
I know 'Cloud' items give you teleport, while 'Serpent' items are healing, and I read about the potions as well somewhere, maybe in this thread.
But I just acquired myself a Battlehorn and I have no idea what it does. My Troubadour is currently using a Lyre which grants him a +2 to constitution, but I would figure that Battlehorn is better although no stat changes occur when I equip it...
Driderman is offline                         Send a private message to Driderman
Old 02-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #42
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
Is there by any chance a guide to what the different items do in the game?
I know 'Cloud' items give you teleport, while 'Serpent' items are healing, and I read about the potions as well somewhere, maybe in this thread.
But I just acquired myself a Battlehorn and I have no idea what it does. My Troubadour is currently using a Lyre which grants him a +2 to constitution, but I would figure that Battlehorn is better although no stat changes occur when I equip it...
None that I've ever seen, and I've still got the original game contents (though I discarded the cardboard box years ago). I did write out a few item effects, however, which I found with my old manual, just now:

Gold Helm: Forward/Missile
Chaos Helm: Forward/Live
Dragon Potion: Regenerate/Speed/Antimage
Serpent Helm: Heal/Surround/Heal (nice one!)
Cloud Wand: Teleport
Frost Helm: Surround/Paralyze
Holy Helm: Surround/Thrall
Amber Wand: Missile Damage
Angel Helm: Teleport/Speed
Dragon Ring, Blood Helmet: Surround/Missile
Amber Staff: Regenerate/Speed/Antimage/Surround Same
Dragon Helm: Surround Disrupt
Dragon Staf: Missile/Disrupt/Surround/Disrupt
Arcane Mandolin: Surround/Missile/Disrupt

That's it. Hope that helps. The best thing to do is remember that no item in the game uses AD&D style rules, and every magical item employs some combination of the runes in the game.

EDIT: One point to bear in mind. The final boss is ridiculously over-powered and over-sped. It's just not worth facing him, in my opinion, and a sad way to end an otherwise excellent title.

Last edited by Borodin; 02-01-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 02-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #43
zaphod_x86
Forum hobbit

Did anyone ever import their characters into "Worlds of Legend: Son of the Empire"?
It should work but I never tried it...
zaphod_x86 is offline                         Send a private message to zaphod_x86
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #44
dannymacmanw

I am stuck in the Dark Tower on level 2 in the room with the four doors that have to be opened by hitting damage tiles on a separate island on the side of the room. I can get the first three doors open, but I can't get that last door open! I remember this was the part I stopped at when I was younger for like a year before I picked the game back up and somehow figured it out. Anybody know what spell I need to cast to get the &*%$ door open?

SPOILER!!!!!!! EDIT:

Last edited by Luchsen; 09-04-2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag
dannymacmanw is offline                         Send a private message to dannymacmanw
Old 09-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #45
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

We have a spoiler tag (see the "panel with question marks on top" icon). Edited your post accordingly.
Old 27-05-2009, 02:13 AM   #46
dannymacmanw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaru

Will paralyzing foes that stand on this tile to which you get teleported work? I mean, I tried blocking this tile with one of my characters and it did not work. Other characters still got teleported to a tile that is both - closest to the blocked destination tile and is free. I don't know if there's any limit on those tiles. Even if I block three tiles (destination tile and both adjoining ones), character that enters a teleporter in front of the chest still gets teleported. So I assume the same thing would happen when those tiles are blocked by monsters.
Or, perhaps there's a certain number of tiles to be blocked to make the chest teleport disabled. But that would be really tricky to gather so many monsters on them.
Anyways, I'll try your advice. Thanks. (Don't have the paralyze rune yet, though...)
SPOILER!!!! "It is way easier to do!"

Last edited by arete; 15-02-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: html
dannymacmanw is offline                         Send a private message to dannymacmanw
Old 27-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #47
dannymacmanw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod_x86 View Post
Did anyone ever import their characters into "Worlds of Legend: Son of the Empire"?
It should work but I never tried it...
I just finished Trazere and I'm trying to import the characters into WOL, but it won't work for me. I don't know what to do in order to get them to transfer over!! If anyone out there has any ideas for me, I would greatly appreciate them.

P.S. Thanks to Luchsen for helping me out with the spoilers. I am quite new to these forums and I know very little about posts and their etiquette. I will try to be more cognizant in the future. :imsorry:
Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #48
Horned Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymacmanw View Post
I just finished Trazere and I'm trying to import the characters into WOL, but it won't work for me. I don't know what to do in order to get them to transfer over!! If anyone out there has any ideas for me, I would greatly appreciate them.
When I originally played Trazere/Legend and Son of the Empire back on my 486 you had to copy the Trazere save into the Son of the Empire directory (not sure what sub directory, but probably the save one). Hope that helps.

Old 13-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #49
Yaznaki

Hey, thanks for this website, this is my first post here (yay for captain obvious)

This game is one of my favorites from when I was 14 or 15 years old. Talk about rough figuring the puzzles out. I may still have the original install floppys somewhere, however my PC doesn't have a 3.5" drive anymore.

I have basic knowledge of how to use DOSbox from reading the faq's and tutorials, and have used it on quite a few games. I used to be a DOS junkiee back in "the day" man that makes me feel like I'm getting old.

I downloaded this one and extracted it, but when I try to run it in DOSBox, it tells me "Hardware configuration has changed, Please reinstall"

Does anyone know where I'm screwing up at?

I'm running DOSBox 0.73 (latest version at time of this post) and windows XP

Thanks much
-Yaz
Yaznaki is offline                         Send a private message to Yaznaki
Old 13-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #50
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Redownload it now, and run setup first.