Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #21
Yobor
Hero Gamer

I vaguely remember such a game as well, but I am not sure exactly what it was.

SPQR stands for Senatus Populus Que Romanus, or the Senate and People of Rome.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 22-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #22
Flop
Hero Gamer

It wouldn't happen to be Rome A.D. 92 (AKA Rome: Pathway to Power), by any chance?

You're not teleported back in time, but you spend plenty of time trekking around Roman cities.

HOTU link
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 22-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #23
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Dec 19 2004, 06:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Dec 19 2004, 06:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Eagle of Fire@Dec 19 2004, 01:26 PM
Thing is Sebastianos, I never played The Dig myself... It's an adventure game.*
You never played The DIG??? Well it's an excelent adventure (by Lucasarts offcourse) and has one of the best storylines as far as the adventures go!!!

You must blast an asteroid to change its path (and not to hit Earth) but you discover it's really an allien craft that transports you to another world. On that planet they invented some great things - one of them was an imortality pill, but that one caused serious addictions and social misbehaviour... They also created the Nexus and the entire civilization disapeared into it - except for the inventor (who created both the passage and the pill). You must bring the others back from the nexus in order for them to return you to your home world - and there are some eerie alien creatures chasing you (like a giant spider or a sea serpent)...
EXCELENT STUFF - to bad it's from Lucas. I guess it won't be abandoned any time soon... [/b][/quote]
Add to all of this that Steven Spilberg assisted Gerge Lucas in creation of this game. Indeed nice game, great plot, and almost like an movie
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 23-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #24
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's correct. Game was a hailed too much using the Spilberg's name. At the end, it turned out to have below average graphics at that time (althoguh it still looks ok) and very bad story. Story is good, but totaly unoriginal, which wasn't appreciated in my country at all. I don't appreciate it either. Still, Dig is good adventure.

Back to the topic. You said that you could roam the streets of Rome. Could you be more specific? Roaming like in Diablo, Sierra adventures or screen by screen like in Lost in Time ????
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 15-11-2009, 06:00 AM   #25
Saccade
[BANNED]

Is this game Timequest..?

not that this guy seems like they're around much any more...
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade