Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #11
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The following solution to a puzzle was included in the (excellent) review Wendy provided, but has been moved to here in case people didn't want to see it in the review.

*** SPOILER - SELECT TO READ ***

I'm going to reveal the easiest trap puzzle right here: this one has a swirly horizontal line on the bottom left hand side that leads to a black circle on the right. Above the circle is a circular path, and above that is one corner of a square. (You can see a diagram of this puzzle in the 4th screenshot from the top.) To solve this puzzle (every second time you scroll through) simply click the swirly line symbol first. It appears on the third row and represents a river. Then cliick on the circle, and then on a walking stick which is on the top row of symbols, then click the walking stick (facing the opposite direction) which is on the bottom row. Finally, click on the matching square corner symbol also on the bottom row.

*** SPOILER ENDS ***
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 15-07-2005, 04:52 AM   #12
Loth

Hm. I tried to download this, but can't get past the extraction stage. I get an error msg: file skipped unknown compression method. Then it freezes. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Old 15-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try Total Commander. :bye:

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #14
Guest_Sinther

Same problem i can't extract it i used winrar winace and the winxp built in zip archiver :help:

Old 17-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #15
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_Sinther@Nov 17 2005, 09:39 AM
Same problem i can't extract it i used winrar winace and the winxp built in zip archiver :help:
Hmm, WinZip, perhaps?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 17-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Do not use XP's built-in unpacker. Use WinRar, sure, BUT do not use context menu to extract the archive content. Open the file using WinRar and THEN extract its content. This is a little bug in WinRar, that causes the program to use the basic run-of-the-mill ZIP decompression method when ran from context menu. This ZIP here is a tad different.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-12-2005, 02:16 AM   #17

when i extract the game and run emtombed.exe it reports of a missing file shell.dlll and the game cant be run
help ?

Old 19-12-2005, 06:24 PM   #18
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Redownload.

-- Reed Richards
Old 07-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #19

Does someone know how to get past that electric door? It's as soon as you've solved the star lock puzzle.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 AM   #20

Nevermind, I've found out.
SomeDude, you cannot DISARM it, however you can get past it:
First, go back to the starting room (one with the morning puzzle) and search for a rock. Once you find it, go back to that lightning room entrance and throw a rock there, you will see that there are actually three rays of electricity flashing on and off.
Wait until there's not a single ray of electricity on the screen, and run through. But do it quickly, then.