Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #21
Torre

Ah, Test Drive Series! Sure it brings back memories!

Test Drive: Top of the games at those days, it had only 4 colours, because I never had the 2nd disk for Ega 16 colours! But never the less, 4 colours was all it took to sweep my mind to dreamland. The only thing bad was that it had not autocenter in steering, and it gave me quite a few thrills! The fact that to steer you had to push the gas button over and over was also a drag, but with time you could master the technique (click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click "What the hell are you doing, trying to screw up the keyboard!?" "Nothing, dad, just playing Test Drive!" k: Best Car: Testarossa or the Lambo

Test Drive II. The players of Doom and other nice games must excuse me, but this is the best game of the XXth century! Many of the technique in driving that I use today I lerned it with this game... :blink: Well, not all of it, of course :bleh: The scenarios were crummy, but it was great! You could also change the game, by changing the names of the files... For example, you could play against the police, just simply change the "cop.pes" for one of the *.pes of the cars! you could also "tune" your Lotus to become a Ferrari, the pointers would be all screwed up, but who cares!? You could also change what was written on the boards, with a simple editor! Those were the days... Favourite car: I had them all, muscle, european, and duel. But my utmost favourite would always be the F40. And what about the fact that you could pass between cars!? A little tight, but just right! "You lunatic!! You know how many women and children you could have killed!?" Good times, indeed... :Brain:

Test drive III: The passion. Great intro, but kind of a disappoinment at gameplay. Never the less, the 3d effects were super for those days, and the "candy", the easter eggs that it had were great! Chickens that when you run thru them they would screw your steering, hidden barns, rain, lights, music, nice car handling, the "dukes of hazzard" challenge to pass the closed roads, and the chance to turn your car in a 4x4 cruising out of the road! The alternate courses were also great. Try to play it on a modern pentium 4, it's the ride of your life, instead of a supercar you'll get a super rocket! :w00t: That's the price to pay for civilization... Best Car: The vette, but the others were also great. I guess that the vette was so lame on the other versions that they tried to make it up on this one! LOL

Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #22

"You drive like my grandmother...." was the first comment I ever saw when I made the first pit stop, playing test drive. :whistle: I laughed so harded, remembering just trying to get to the first pit stop. God the memories.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #23
ready.

Hi everybody,
I'd like to have some informations about the existance of Test Drive III - The Passion for Commodore 64, the game has never been released, but maybe some early development exists. Anyone can help me?

thanx

Old 06-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #24
Guest_marty

hi guys i had TEST DRIVE II for amiga 500 and id like to get the dos version but the link wont work

Old 20-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #25
Silverson
Lurker

Hi guys! Me first post here and would like to say a big "thanks" and congrats on your work here!

Well, i need some :help: here...

I can't seem to get TD2: The Duel to work on my pc... After typing "duel" in the command prompt under dosbox, the graphics device selector pops up... However, after selecting any option, dosbox returns in the command prompt... TD and TD3 work fine...

Any suggestions? Tnx in advance..
Silverson is offline                         Send a private message to Silverson
Old 26-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #26
Ondskan

First of all. Thank you so much that you dont need to register! I hate doing that when im just about to ask a few questions or such.

Second:

I love this game! But I remember playing it long long ago, in that pink/cyan/grey grafic thingy!
Anyone remember this?

And I also had a similar graphic game but rally. It even could become night/dark!
was really fun!

If anyone can tell me of a Racing Rally game with the old graphics or Test Drive with old graphics please do

Old 02-04-2006, 05:56 AM   #27
Supraman

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverson@Mar 20 2006, 06:57 PM
Hi guys! Me first post here and would like to say a big "thanks" and congrats on your work here!

Well, i need some :help: here...

I can't seem to get TD2: The Duel to work on my pc... After typing "duel" in the command prompt under dosbox, the graphics device selector pops up... However, after selecting any option, dosbox returns in the command prompt... TD and TD3 work fine...

Any suggestions? Tnx in advance..
I'm having the same problems as ^ but only playing test drive II :help: ....The first one is great, and I remember playing the 3rd one as one of my first computer games, but the car was a lot slower back then. I can not get the second one to work properly though. Any help greatly appreciated. Thnx.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #28
Brian

the manuals ???? does anyone know where to get them ?

Old 06-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #29
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

TD3 was the only game I ever owned, but I sure as hell remember how great it was. Just never was very good at it though :P
Old 20-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #30
INP

Test Drive 1 was my first favorite game. Test Drive 2 was of corse
my second. Today's games can't still catch their magic. The intense
traffic of TD2 isn't mach from any of the todays games.