Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
samtam99

Default [cacaro] Heavy Combat

I may be hallucinating, since I can't find it anywhere, but I seem to remember I played a game (at least 14-15 years ago): you were in control of a soldier inside a trench (I think it was during WWII), you had a set weapons like machinegun, grenades, bazooka, you could even call for an air strike, and you had to kill the soldier in the other trench in front of yours. I remember that both you and your enemy immediately respawned when killed.

Can't remember anything more - If someone knows the game I'm referring to, I'd be delighted.
samtam99 is offline                         Send a private message to samtam99
Old 18-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
supertrini
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtam99 View Post
I may be hallucinating, since I can't find it anywhere, but I seem to remember I played a game (at least 14-15 years ago): you were in control of a soldier inside a trench (I think it was during WWII), you had a set weapons like machinegun, grenades, bazooka, you could even call for an air strike, and you had to kill the soldier in the other trench in front of yours. I remember that both you and your enemy immediately respawned when killed.

Can't remember anything more - If someone knows the game I'm referring to, I'd be delighted.

Not sure but it sounds badass..Did you try home of the underdogs to search??
supertrini is offline                         Send a private message to supertrini
Old 18-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
samtam99

Well, I haven't browsed through *every* action game on the site, but I don't think it's there. I also searched in other sites such as dosmuseum.com which has a huge database of shareware titles, but still no luck.
Old 19-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, we don't have much shareware games. You can try our sister site Reloaded or some other site that is more into shareware than abandonware. HOTU should also host lot of shareware games AFAIK...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 19-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Well, we don't have much shareware games. You can try our sister site Reloaded or some other site that is more into shareware than abandonware. HOTU should also host lot of shareware games AFAIK...
We don't have shareware at Reloaded, Marko. We have FREEWARE. Reloaded was created for freeware games, and AB is supposed to be about abandonware.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 19-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
We don't have shareware at Reloaded, Marko. We have FREEWARE. Reloaded was created for freeware games, and AB is supposed to be about abandonware.
I thought you host free parts of shareware games (I'm not sure how to call them, like those free episodes in shareware games, you get the picture...)
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 19-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
I thought you host free parts of shareware games (I'm not sure how to call them, like those free episodes in shareware games, you get the picture...)
We have freeware - fanmade freeware, original games created by gamelovers, and freeware that used to be commercial.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 20-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Give slightly more details, samtam99. Current description can relate to anything, from Worms to Quake. It is shooter, strategy or RPG? Is it flat, or 3D, or isometric? Could you run around level or sitting in one place? What background exist?
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 20-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
samtam99

I don't remember either Quake or Worms being set in a WWII trench :P

Anyway, no you couldn't wander around the level - there weren't even proper *levels*, you were pretty much stuck inside the trench, being able to move either left or right to avoid enemy attacks. Perspective was neither isometric nor flat - I can provide an example from this NES game which used a similar one: basically, you could see your character from behind.
Old 22-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So, is it something similar to Guy Spy?