Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #101
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

For the music, it should just be a simple "move file" operation needed. Just move it from the French game to the English one, and place it in the same location (i.e. create a subfolder if you found it in a subfolder).
Old 20-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #102
Abnoy

Kinda weird, there is no music file in it, does your version have one? I moved all the files from the CD which were not included in your version and the only difference was that the title had music. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Abnoy is offline                         Send a private message to Abnoy
Old 20-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #103
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Not really. It could be that there isn't any music in the game. Would be weird, but it's possible.
Old 21-09-2005, 04:03 AM   #104
Abnoy

Yea it is possible. Anyway, after you and Kop/\ work out his problem, maybe we can see if there really is no music.
Old 22-09-2005, 02:40 AM   #105
ekliv

I have not been able to find any way to get the dos version of Fable to run with speech or music, despite having access to the speech data. I have been unable to find any sort of music data file on the cd I have. It is possible that the music for this game was contained in audio tracks alongside the data track, rather than being encoded within a music data file. To obtain the music data (if there actually is music data to be found), it seems likely that one would either have to track down an actual Fable cd, or be fortunate enough to come across an image with the audio tracks intact.

Concerning speech, I was only able to get the game to work with speech by installing the windows version. To make this work in Windows NT/2000/XP, one must manually edit a registry value that the installer fails to create.

The key to be modified is called:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Telstar\Fable\Path

The proper value for this key is the full path of the directory you installed the game to, such as:
C:\Games\Fable

Double click on Path and enter the correct value.

Of course, the only way to install the windows version is by gaining access to a cd or image with all of the installation data intact. The windows version only places a couple of megabytes worth of data on the hard drive, and reads the rest of the data (sounds, speech, graphics, etc) from the cd.

Hope this is helpful to someone. I'd be interested to know what the deal is with the music data, or if there is actually music at all - the game seems to have a good deal of ambient sound effects.

Old 22-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #106
Glal

For people that would like the full version and have the bandwidth to accomodate, I do have an ED2K link for an image of the English version. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it or not though, I'd rather not ruffle any admin feathers. *g*

“We must endeavor to persevere.”
Glal is offline                         Send a private message to Glal
Old 22-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #107
J.Persson

Glal: I would really want the full version (and i have the bandwith), if you want you can email the link to:

jopemail@spray.se

I hope that this isn´t breaking any rules, in that case: Sorry

Old 23-09-2005, 02:46 AM   #108
Abnoy

Glal, I'd also like a copy of the full version and I have the bandwidth. Aside from email is there another way to get the copy from you? Maybe you can post it somewhere? Thanks
Old 23-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #109
Glal

Well, as said, I'd rather post the P2P link. I could stick the game image on my router/server, but that's not really practical for more than one person, since it's my home machine. And I rather like my bandwidth.
Unless you know of a place that will share a ~350MB file?

“We must endeavor to persevere.”
Glal is offline                         Send a private message to Glal
Old 23-09-2005, 10:39 AM   #110
Camulos

Just so that everyone knows the end credits have "music by..." listed so there should be music.

Not to poo on everyone's day, but the ending to this game is probably the worst ever. :ranting:

I'm guessing that this is the Uk release of the game, as the ending is different from that stated on other websites... and there are supposed to be two endings, one in the Uk and one in the US.

For the programmers sake, let's just hope the other one is better
Camulos is offline                         Send a private message to Camulos