Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Knew this was fake all along, because I used to be heavily into Warcraft. But a very good joke nonetheless. I tip my Hulkamania bandana to you DarthHelmet!
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

What fake? There is a beta version. Someone before this even uploaded gameplay of it on Youtube.

http://youtu.be/aZ6tg1Id6-c?t=12s
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #13
cdnp
Super Freak

Well, I have to admit that its a bigger and better game than Strip Poker 3 and Leisure Suit Larry Online. I am really enjoying it.
cdnp is offline                         Send a private message to cdnp
Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #14
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiDoL View Post
Knew this was fake all along, because I used to be heavily into Warcraft. But a very good joke nonetheless. I tip my Hulkamania bandana to you DarthHelmet!
Since it's no longer April Fools, I think it should be safe to tell you. The beta, along with the footage DarthHelmet linked to, is real, but the game we have here isn't (as now evidenced by the title of this thread).

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 02-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

TheChosen linked to you mean.

I actually doubt the footage coming from a working copy of the game outside of the original company. I just highly doubt this game ever left, I think Blizzard would have ensured it was deleted, destroyed and never to be found. As far as I think the footage is a clever staged bit of filming to make it look like he loads the game but then just shows an in company video of what the game was like, something they perhaps showed Blizzard before it got the can. It could also just be a copy of a demo version of the game, I remember it being advertised in small books that came with Starcraft and Diablo (one or the other I can't really remember) so it is a high possibility that a demo exists, note the game footage is not overly long. I could be wrong, it really could be out there like the guy claims, but why he hasn't sold it on and trust me their would be a lot of money in it baffles me.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 02-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

My theory is that the beta comes from Russia. The guy who did the videos is a Russian and the Animation Magic has a subsidiary in Russia. The company was dissolved in 2001, possibly earlier since they havent done anything after the Warcraft Adventure project. Reading video comments, he mentioned something about "street markets", so maybe he just came across old Animation Magic inventory. Or he could even be an old employee.

Beta is real and why he hasnt leaked it...I dunno. Maybe he broke a deal with the Blizzard. Maybe he's scared. Or, as he's a collector, he's hoarding so that his collection has something no one else can ever have.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 02-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have no doubt there was a beta, I just doubt he has it. It wouldn't be hard for him to prove it though, he just needs to do something specific in the game something not shown in that video and directed by us. Like look at this, then walk here, then do this..and I would want to see more of the game then what he has shown.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 02-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
slx
Abandonia nerd

Naughty staff of Abandonia...
You misled me...
Naughty, very naughty...

You deserve 5 pieces of eight!
slx is offline                         Send a private message to slx
Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 AM   #19
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

The real April Fools' Day joke is that the game is actually SOMEWHERE here on the site, but they told us it is just a joke. So when you think this is just a joke, they will make another announcement in one or two days to tell you that the game is actually here. So, if you really want to play the game, don't fall for their trick. Keep looking, folks. It's THERE somewhere!

rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
My theory is that the beta comes from Russia. The guy who did the videos is a Russian and the Animation Magic has a subsidiary in Russia. The company was dissolved in 2001, possibly earlier since they havent done anything after the Warcraft Adventure project. Reading video comments, he mentioned something about "street markets", so maybe he just came across old Animation Magic inventory. Or he could even be an old employee.
Confirmed. Well, of sorts. His posts on Absolute Games indicates that it's really "full release without cinematics" from Russian company, and he got it "from old friend from company".
Quote:
Beta is real and why he hasnt leaked it...I dunno. Maybe he broke a deal with the Blizzard. Maybe he's scared. Or, as he's a collector, he's hoarding so that his collection has something no one else can ever have.
Confirmed too. He positions himself as "true collector".
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre