Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #11
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbus12 View Post
Hi all,

I was jonesing for some Wizardry and didn't want to dig through my old discs, so I got Wiz6 from this site, but after spending an hour rolling my party, I noticed a pretty big problem: physical attacks don't work in combat. At all. Either for my party or for the enemy. Every single normal attack ends in a "missed!" Spells do work.

I thought it might be DOSBox, or various configuration things, but nope, still had the problem. Finally, I decided to dig up my old disc with some classic games and installed it again.

Works perfectly for me now. If anyone else or everyone else is having this problem, I can send my version of the game to an administrator. This is far too deep and great of a game to not work!
Can you send me the archive through a PM, just in case? We have a couple of Wizardry archives, but settled for this one since the reviewer sait it was the only one that worked as intended for him.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

He just uploaded it on FTP.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #13
superbus12

I mean, someone else should certainly play and see if combat works for them. But if not, this version does work.
superbus12 is offline                         Send a private message to superbus12
Old 09-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
zephyrine

Monsters will be immune to all physical damage if you dont put in the magic words( downloadable from here) when you start a new adventure. Another thing that will happen from this is that you will only be fighting rats, no other enemies!
zephyrine is offline                         Send a private message to zephyrine
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
superbus12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrine View Post
Monsters will be immune to all physical damage if you dont put in the magic words( downloadable from here) when you start a new adventure. Another thing that will happen from this is that you will only be fighting rats, no other enemies!

That's really interesting. In the version I have, failure to input the magic words causes the game to exit to DOS. Also, I cracked the game.
superbus12 is offline                         Send a private message to superbus12
Old 24-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #16
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Default Finished the game

It's far better then its sequel. The game has structure, riddles are logical and fun, NPCs and writing are interesting, graphics are clearer and the pace is faster.

I restricted myself to play without class switching or reloading at level up for the original challenge and it worked well.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 25-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #17
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Kmonster is hero of the heroes

Bravo, dear Kmonster!

You are real Master of this game.

BTW, is the Wizardry VII not so though game?
I am asking You because I am interesting from this saga.
No, no W VI! Some more easy for me.

(Off- What game is more though - Wizardry VI or Dungeon Master?)
Now I play DM and think that this is quite impossible.

yoga the brave
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 25-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #18
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Wizardry VI or VII are not as tough as Dungeon Master, if combat is too challenging you can grind XP and if a riddle is too hard you can ask for help or consult a walkthrough.

Dungeon Master on the other hand requires also fast thinking and fast acting, if you manage to beat it you can call yourself an elite player.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 25-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #19
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Wizardry VI or VII are not as tough as Dungeon Master, if combat is too challenging you can grind XP and if a riddle is too hard you can ask for help or consult a walkthrough.

Dungeon Master on the other hand requires also fast thinking and fast acting, if you manage to beat it you can call yourself an elite player.

"not as tough as Dungeon Master"!
(Off - 6 Demons to be kill and I will meet Lord Chaos)

Hmm ... Maybe, maybe some happy, sunny day humble yoga will follow your brave steps..
Who knows?
YOU, dear master Scatty, Capo, twillight and Dosraider passed this game. Very nice..

yoga battling at lvl 14 of DM
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 25-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Actually I only once played Wizardry VI, and never got past the beginning area. So I never passed it. Shame on me. The quite bad graphics turned me off, got to admit.
Interesting detail though, if you look into the EXE of the game (I think), there's a VGA driver mentioned which isn't available for the game, since it has only CGA and EGA driver files.
I wonder if the developers were tinkering for a while with the idea of adding VGA mode to the game... Too bad they didn't.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty