Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #81
mYse|f
Default Gold Rush! uncracked

Hi!

I collected some material that might be helpful. You can grab them through this MediaFire link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k1buh8hdhedm33

To keep the download alive, please reupload.

Thanks.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #82
mYse|f

I just noticed that there is a typo in the posted link. The correct one is

http://www.mediafire.com/?xk1buh8hdhedm33

Sorry about that.

Old 27-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #83
mYse|f

I've just updated the archive, adding high-res (40Mpix!) map scans in both JPEG and Adobe PDF formats (the latter's for those who decide to print one), and a walkthrough as well. The package should now be complete, download is above.

Old 28-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #84
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, this is absolutely awesome!

Would you mind registering so I can give you proper credit?

Also, can you spot any differences in archive we currently host and the archive you provided?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #85
mYself
Lurker

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! To answer your question, yes, there's a major difference between the game data provided through the above link and the one from Abandonia. As the title of my post says, it's the rare uncracked version which isn't available anywhere on the Internet (AFAIK). This is the only version I found to be correctly detected by ScummVM. I got it from my personal collection, a CD containing all the oldies I've collected in the pre-Internet era. It's probably a copy from a friend's computer made in the late 90s (1998 or later). Alternatively, it could also originate from disk images downloaded at Vintage Sierra . Anyway, if you have some further questions or requests, don't hesitate to ask me.

P.S.: The site doesn't accept email addresses from Openmailbox.org. Can you please fix this so I can recieve email notifications?

Thanks and regards,

Peter
mYself is offline                         Send a private message to mYself
Old 19-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #86
MikeSol

This game isn't that great. The last part when you are in the cavern with the lantern is just a tedious maze.

In my second play through I decided to go the Cape Horn route but the stupid ship kept sinking. Apparently the only solution to this is to restart in Brooklyn and try again! I don't think so.

Not one of Sierra's best.
MikeSol is offline                         Send a private message to MikeSol
Old 30-07-2016, 12:16 PM   #87
AndrewJFisher
Forum hobbit

Default Game is no longer abandoned

Hello, I found that while the game is not on GOG it's on Steam(the first old Sierra game I've seen on Steam).

Here's the address:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/308000

It cost me about $7 NZ so I guess that's about $5 US
AndrewJFisher is offline                         Send a private message to AndrewJFisher
Old 05-10-2016, 05:11 AM   #88
Doug MacNeill
Default Gold Rush Classic, GR Anniversary and GR 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon-Tiki View Post
They look the same here. They might've fixes some minor flaws in the graphics, but that shouldn't be noticable. The 3D is purely because you can walk around in 3 dimensions, and in front and behind other objects, thus, technically, being 3D. These games've always been called 3D for that reason, actually

Yes, we had to get all of the archaic graphics equipment working and we fixed many graphic issues, but only a few of them were visible. The most visible example is in the mine where you get off of the main vertical ladder and move to the left. It was much easier after the fix. There were many, many fixes.

The game is now available on steam ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/308000/ )

Or at http://www.goldrush-game.com/

There is a remake of the game (Gold Rush Anniversary), and a sequel is to be released soon (Gold Rush 2).

Old 07-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #89
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJFisher View Post
Hello, I found that while the game is not on GOG it's on Steam(the first old Sierra game I've seen on Steam).
You are definitely didn't tried too hard. Space Quest collection and King's Quest collection are on Steam ten years already.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #90
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug MacNeill View Post
There is a remake of the game (Gold Rush Anniversary), and a sequel is to be released soon (Gold Rush 2).
Thank you for the info, Doug!