Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-12-2004, 10:32 AM   #41
Basil Triscari

Drake...I am wondering something. I have noticed that the tlk (i think) files that came with the game are empty. I expected that they would have the data for the speech. Hmmm I wonder if the Zip is missing things???? Do you have digitized speech?

Old 15-12-2004, 10:58 AM   #42
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sorry to come in on this discussion so late. I missed the previous posts. The simple answer to is there music and digitized speech is no. This version of Malcolm's Revenge is a CD rip to conserve space. The only sounds available are the EFX. Sorry, folks.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 15-12-2004, 03:31 PM   #43

ahh i see thats ok. no wonder the download size of discworld(on underdogs) was big. cause it had speech included!

Old 15-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #44
BigBaboon15

But didn't the speech add a lot to the game? I thought that the dialogue was one of the best parts of the game!

Oh, and shouldn't Abandonia add Discworld 1 and 2 to its collection?
BigBaboon15 is offline                         Send a private message to BigBaboon15
Old 15-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #45
FreeFreddy

We would, but these games are still sold, or at least not abandoned yet.

Old 17-12-2004, 02:11 PM   #46
Romulus

I'm going to feel stupid for asking this, but how do I get to the Profile Setup Wizard?

Old 20-12-2004, 11:57 PM   #47
Romulus

Again I pose the question, how do I get to the profile setup wizard so I can get this game to finally work? :blink:

Old 21-12-2004, 12:25 AM   #48
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Do you mean the game controls? Just hold your curser over the bottom of the left hand side and the options icon will appear for your to click on. There aren't any profile wizards. The only things you can change are the speed, audio, text subtitles, add studio audience (laugh track) and the language.

EDIT:

Sorry misread your question. There is a file in the Kyrandia folder called 'setup.exe' which will enable you to change sound card and other options.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 21-12-2004, 08:11 AM   #49
Romulus

That was actually still not what I meant, but I was able to get it to work (I had to mount my cd rom drive) I have another problem now though. After I get out of Hell and go to dig my way to the surface it says "error" something with one of the packets on the cd rom or something like that. Any suggestions?

Old 21-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #50
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

You're using dosbox, I see. I don't use dosbox as I have Windows 98. I played the game right through and didn't have the problem you had. It must be a dosbox issue, I assume. I know nothing about this program, unfortunately.
Are you using the latest version? Apparently a new version has been recently released that has eliminated some of the bugs of the earlier ones.

If you are already using the latest, I hope someone with dosbox can offer some assistance. Data is our resident expert on dosbox. Perhaps you could pm him?