Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #31
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

the low chance of success is realistic, preventing the war is pretty tough to do. Its also good to boost relations with the surrounding countrys and try to lower the tension for the whole region with conferences I think
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 26-07-2005, 04:27 AM   #32
Triton

You're not going to lower Iraq's ambition level any time soon, unless you stage a coup or assassinate the leader [Saddam], both of which are highly unlikely.

Steps to preventing the Kuwait invasion:

-As soon as you begin the game, bring military and intelligence aid in Iraq to 0, and restrict trade completely. It won't hurt America, but it will really damage Iraq. Iraq's ambition may go up, but this helps more in the long run.

-Send military and intelligence aid to Kuwait.

-In the beginning of July, remove 60,000-70,000 troops from Germany and station most of them in Kuwait and the rest in Saudi Arabia (you need to access the War Room for the country you're changing troop levels in). This will form a massive buildup that may scare Iraq into changing its mind. Consider how well your troops are trained (in excess of $100k per soldier) to Iraq's (barely $15k).

-Increase intelligence spending in Iraq by at least $100 units.

-Condemn Iraq often.

If you hold off the war until mid-August, Iraq will focus itself on Egypt. They will try to assassinate the leader or plan a coup. If you don't, have your soldiers fight a defensive war, but don't invade Iraq. You can, however, perform surgical strikes on Iraq to cut its effectiveness in the war. If Iraq does declare war, use all of the options to oppose it (UN, coalition, etc).

Old 26-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #33
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Hmm... It seems that this game is not so bad after all. I think I'll download it.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 26-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #34
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

It's pretty good, yeah. I got the Sov. Union on my side and then fired 2000 nukes at China (I was very bored) - They were the only people to defend me!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 26-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #35
Unright

Quote:
Originally posted by Vidrik@Jul 25 2005, 10:45 PM
Damn. Any tips on preventing Iraq from invading Kuwait? My CIA director says something about lowering Iraq's ambition rating or raising its Ethic rating, but pretty much all of the options that affect those two stats have abysmally low chances of success.

Eventually I gave upand started deploying troops in Saudi Arabia, but when the war started, it took forever to kill any reasonable number of Iraqi troops. So I got impatient and nuked them, followed by China and FRANCE's nuking of me. Ouch. :/
That's close to what I did.. Except I got impatient and nuked Kuwait. Germany and Canada tried to condemn me but failed (taking a Leadership blow themselves), UK severed trade agreements, and France sent a Peace envoy.

Odd reactions all around...

Old 26-07-2005, 02:43 PM   #36
Just a guest I guess

Hi I downloaded the game but the mouse keeps dissapearing after I click on the budget button. Can anybody help?

Old 26-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #37
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Are you using DOSbox?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 26-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #38
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

I've got a question. Is there any sound in this game ? I ran the sound setup program and I found and selected my sound card, but I can't hear any sound in this game.
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 26-07-2005, 07:46 PM   #39
TheRealShadowPresident

From what I remember about the sound, you aren't missing anything...

Imagine the old games where you'd choose "PC Speaker"...

Old 26-07-2005, 08:38 PM   #40
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

I get bored after a while when the game goes smoothly and just attack or blow something up..I do that in the Sims and Civ too (after I save the game)

I am kind of scared to think what would happen if I got bored and was really leader of a country with an army that big...nah...only if I could save first.

Has anyone ever played the very nonabandoned game called Superpower? I like how I can make Belgium or Croatia into a military superpower with that. I would love Shadowpresident if it was multiplayer and you could be other countries.
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian