Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #221
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Um, no. Blood Omen 2 is 4th in the series, AFAIK. But it's definitely not 2nd. And I heard somebody speaking about the series having 5 games in it... OK, gotta check.

Wikipedia to the rescue:
1. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
2. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
3. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
4. Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
5. Legacy of Kain: Defiance

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-04-2006, 11:53 AM   #222

Thank you all for the reply! I really apreciate!

Old 25-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #223

Another question, i've searched and didn't find nothing yet.. where can I download the complete game of Blood Omen?

Old 25-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #224
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have you checked the Blood Omen page on our site? I think you didn't.
Have you read the forum rules? GO READ THEM!!!.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #225
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Ebay is your friend It's not exactly downloading, but well...
Old 26-04-2006, 05:07 PM   #226

I don't think the reviewer knew very much about vampires. :ranting:

Quote:
So what does a wolf have to do with a vampire?
Vampires have always been linked with wolves. In some settings, they can change into wolves, bats and mist, and in others they can just control bats and wolves.

Quote:
The game does have some unusual features. For instance, rain or water hurts the vampire. Maybe it rains holy water, who knows?
In the first modern vampire story, Dracula, the vampire was unable to cross moving water, and in many settings, vampires are damaged by normal water, not just holy water.

Quote:
(So it is a myth that vampires are invulnerable to physical hits).
In every setting, while it does take extraordinary measures to actually destroy a vampire completely, they've never been immune to physical hits. And in many settings, if you keep damaging a vampire, they can bleed to death, since it's blood that keeps them alive.

Quote:
The feeding method has also changed here, and vampires don’t bite the neck; they use a handy stick to drain the blood from their victims.
This one is a little unusual for vampire lore, but where does "stick" come from (whatever that means)? I'm not sure how a stick would help, but it's obviously sucking the blood through the air from helpless victims. If you see the movies for the game also, you get to see an example of this.

In conclusion, my review of this review is:

Old 26-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #227
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Apr 26 2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think the reviewer knew very much about vampires. :ranting:

Quote:
So what does a wolf have to do with a vampire?
Vampires have always been linked with wolves. In some settings, they can change into wolves, bats and mist, and in others they can just control bats and wolves.

Quote:
The game does have some unusual features. For instance, rain or water hurts the vampire. Maybe it rains holy water, who knows?
In the first modern vampire story, Dracula, the vampire was unable to cross moving water, and in many settings, vampires are damaged by normal water, not just holy water.

Quote:
(So it is a myth that vampires are invulnerable to physical hits).
In every setting, while it does take extraordinary measures to actually destroy a vampire completely, they've never been immune to physical hits. And in many settings, if you keep damaging a vampire, they can bleed to death, since it's blood that keeps them alive.

Quote:
The feeding method has also changed here, and vampires don’t bite the neck; they use a handy stick to drain the blood from their victims.
This one is a little unusual for vampire lore, but where does "stick" come from (whatever that means)? I'm not sure how a stick would help, but it's obviously sucking the blood through the air from helpless victims. If you see the movies for the game also, you get to see an example of this.

In conclusion, my review of this review is:
If you think the review it is bad why did you to make one better and submit......If one thing is bad we can improve
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 28-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #228
Boo

Quote:
Originally posted by Boo@Apr 24 2006, 02:08 PM
Hi all,

I was wandering around, looking for a solution to my problem with the game...
It's the same one described by so many people, but the suggested solution doesn't work.

THE SITUATION:

The game gets stuck after the opening cinematic. The Bartender says his first line, but the conversation doesn't continue. Also, the game does not light up but stays dark. Kain is unmovable, of course.

MY ATTEMPS TO RUN THE GAME:

At first the game's installation did not recognise i have enough room on my hard disk for the installation. to solve this i created a shortcut to the SPLASH.EXE file from the CD, and opened it using WIN98 compatibility.

after successfully installing the game, i faced a new issue - when i tried to play all i got was a black screen and dripping water sound. the patch from http://www.thelostworlds.net/BO1-XP.HTML worked and finally i got to the game menu.

that's when my current problem takes place.

The solution of minimizing the game (using the Windoes key, alt+ctrl+del, alt+tab or any other alternative) fails, as the game isn't minimized. It just stays there, and whatever menu I opened is displayed flashing on top of the game screen. I am barely able to see the menu, but when i move with the arrows i can see for just a moment the line I'm currently on. My only option is to End the KAIN.EXE process from the Task Manager.

Another failed attempt was the use of TURBO program to slow down my computer. This seemed to work sometimes, and at several occasions i was able to play after the first cinematic, only to get stuck after the second one (the ressurection one). i even got it to work once beyond that point, and made it as far as the pillars, but that was it. i got no further.

Updating the game from http://home.comcast.net/~carebears4every1/KainSetup.exe
or any other place did not work either.

Does anyone know what can I do to get the game to work? I’m beginning to believe the challenge of this game is to get it to work, not playing it…
Can anyone please help me? I've gotta play this game!
Boo is offline                         Send a private message to Boo
Old 16-06-2006, 01:08 PM   #229

I love this site, there is so much information to be found. Thank you.

Old 19-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #230
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Just played Defiance, and it made me recall this one... think I'll give it a spin in a few days.

-- Reed Richards