Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
csteelooper
Forum hobbit

Hi, I've been hangin'round on Abandonia for quite a few months now, and since a few days I've even started to help Hwg to translate the site into Dutch. Whilst surfing around a bit to discover what kinds of games were available, I happened to come across Supaplex.
Supaplex has always been one of my favourite game, together with Tristan, a 2D-Pinball game ported from Amiga, which is currently not available here, presumably because it is not yet entitled Abandonware.

Now back to my main reason of posting this topic, Supaplex. Supaplex runs very wel on my pc in DosBox, but I can't seem to enable soundcard sound effects. This is because when I run INSTALL.EXE, it states +++file not found. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem, or should the game directory perhaps be mounted in a different way? If anyone knows a solution, please reply. Thanks in advance!
csteelooper is offline                         Send a private message to csteelooper
Old 03-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Binarypasta
Lurker

There's gone almost 10 years since this was posted, and today i'm having the same problem, and can't find a solution.

every .bat .exe has been tried, updating DOSBox has been tried, and google hasn't solved anything, sadly.

Can anyone help?

*running supaplex without installing, appears to give a crash after the intro
Binarypasta is offline                         Send a private message to Binarypasta
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Checked.

1. Install.exe is a red herring. It supposedly must install the game from the floppy. It not needed for anything else, so you can freely ignore it.

2. RUNME.BAT is not needed. It tries to emulate A from disc C, but failed, as emulation program is nowhere to be seen. It will simply start the game then. Just as if you are starting SUPAPLEX.EXE.

3. But SUPAPLEX.EXE works just right for me. Right after intro it asks for the code, but takes any numeric. I finished first two levels, just to be sure. (All configuration is in "controls", counter-intuitively). Works as in official DOSBox, as in Ykwong build. Doesn't work in native XP though.