Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #201
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Well, they didn't disapprove either, now did they? Would you care to explain how you then gather most of them must have thrown it away?

You constantly said a huge majority of people are having trouble. I see no evidence of that, and as such I contested it. I never contested that a huge number of people are having trouble with it, but that's only natural since a huge number of people use the mod.

The point is: there's no realism in extreme pessimism towards MGE. There's no reason to suspect it's so unlikely not to work that it's not worth trying.

Edit: Oh, and as a note. In the heyday of Morrowind I used bucketloads of mods myself. I eventually just decided that vanilla was more enjoyable after all. Call it a learning experience :amused:

Last edited by Doubler; 14-01-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Doubler is offline                         Send a private message to Doubler
Old 14-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #202
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubler View Post
Well, they didn't disapprove either, now did they? Would you care to explain how you then gather most of them must have thrown it away?
I never said they did, remember? You said the downloads indicated approval. All I said it indicated was...they downloaded it. As witness my doing so, twice. And a friend of mine, eight times. Niether of us have kept it. Both of us will probably download and try it, again, at some point.

Quote:
You constantly said a huge majority of people are having trouble. I see no evidence of that, and as such I contested it. I never contested that a huge number of people are having trouble with it, but that's only natural since a huge number of people use the mod.
Good point! Then perhaps we can simply agree a large number of people had and still have significant problems with the mod, and let it go at that? It isn't pessimism to let people know it has garnered more complaints than any number of other mods, combined. One can just check out the ES threads and figure this out, easily. Then, it's up to each MW player--once they know what possibilities to expect. Forewarned is forearmed.

Quote:
Edit: Oh, and as a note. In the heyday of Morrowind I used bucketloads of mods myself. I eventually just decided that vanilla was more enjoyable after all. Call it a learning experience :amused:
As my wife's grandmother used to say, "Each to their own, said the old lady as she kissed her cow." If you find you liked vanilla Morrowind better, good on you. Lots of people have grown addicted to mods of all flavors; good on them, too!
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 14-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #203
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Can we shake hands and return to the only world that matters: The real one? This whole discussion is ludicrous. Either keep it going by PM or grant us another closed thread.
Old 14-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #204
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
Can we shake hands and return to the only world that matters: The real one? This whole discussion is ludicrous. Either keep it going by PM or grant us another closed thread.
Works for me. I can't speak for Doubler, but my apologies for continuing this discussion for so long.

On other matters...I would like to recommend people check out Morrowind Mythic Mods, which hasn't been mentioned in some time. It's sort of a meta of meta menus for Morrowind mods. It's divided into a number of major areas, one of which is great for mod newbies, and several of which are regularly updated with new or improved mods that the list owners feel are noteworthy. The Theme and Specialty Mod Lists and Telesphoros' List are especially good in this regard. The first has a bunch of sub-categories, too. Not everything is on there, but a lot of interesting stuff is.
Old 14-01-2008, 09:44 PM   #205
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Now THAT is a juicy site! Thanks for linking
Old 14-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #206
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Of course. Sorry. I tend to be a nitpick at times

Back on topic: any favourites as far as MW mods are concerned? The ones I stuck with in the end were the Unofficial Morrowind Patch (duh ), Unique Banners and Signs and and an older, less extensive version of Vivec Expansion.

Last edited by Doubler; 14-01-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Doubler is offline                         Send a private message to Doubler
Old 14-01-2008, 09:59 PM   #207
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I really haven't got around to checking out all those mods, but there was one I started using regularly, the underground house in Balmora, next to one of the pawnshops. I also use the packguar/rat in Pelagiad mod and the summon greaves and pauldrons, coz I never understood why Bethesda would omit those two bits of armour. Now I can't get the house mod to work, so I got the grand abode in Balmora, although that one is so full of goodies it's really hard not to ruin the game by using it all. If only I could find that house without all the goodies.

One I'm looking at now, is a trade mod. I don't know much about it yet, but it seems there have been a fix that will make merchants pay more for enchanted items (if I'm right). I always found it downright dumb that a ring with constant invisibility was worth just as much as an ordinary ring.
Old 14-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #208
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Balmora Expanded is one I really like. It's a sort of mega-mod, made of smaller mods by a couple of the best Morrowind modders out there. They got approval from other mod creators to incorporate all the extra stuff in Balmora. From the readme:

**Balmora Expansion includes the following new mods created specifically for it:

*Vonhelira's Metal Queen Boutique by CanadianIce, featuring all new fashions for both male and female players. Special thanks also to MP*Canus and Brady226 for the textures of some of the male versions of the robes in the boutique. For all those who pleading for a second store, your pleas have been answered.

*The Breton Knight by Jeremy featuring not only all new armor styles but also Jeremy's first store designed specifically for selling his awesome works.

Plus the new stuff I created. (You have to figure out those yourself, can't give away all the surprises).

***Balmora Expansion incorporates the following mods that should be unchecked in the MW data files list if you are currently using them:

Balmora Manor
Balmora Zoo
Balmora Bathhouse
Balmora Museum
Morrowind Abodes (Your Balmora Residence.esp only)
Dave's Furniture Store Plug-In v1.6
Lysandrus
Quivers and Fletching Kit
Wyr Jewelers
Carry your Bedrolls
DEJ Pocket Watch
Magic Backpacks
Nyagetan
Healers
WeaponPack2
ThievesGarb (Black Clothing)
Dark Club Mod 1.1
Ranger Robe
Sheikizza Aedric Armour Collection V01
Sheikizza Daedric Armour Collection V1.0

***Balmora Expansion includes elements of the following mods customized for use with this mod. The original mods can still be used in conjunction with Balmora Expansion and will function normally:

LadyE's display cases, spider webs ad jewelers sign
Dongles Musical Instruments
Gorg's Flowing Capes
Forgottens Longbow Pack
Elements from Silgrad Tower (concepts for several of the new shops I created (such as the hospital and restaurant) came from this inspired work)
House of Mannequins v1.0
Tenience's Rare Items
Particle Weapon Merchant Mod
Pack Animal Merchant
Lovemod
Heavenly Pleasures
Legolas Gear
The Regulars 2.02
Carnithus Armamentarium & Add-On I
LichLair V1.1
Darkstone Manor
Britneys Secret v1.1 (Oops, I did it, it was too funny) (used the faces only)

That's a lot of stuff. It doesn't work well on a slow system with low RAM, but if you've got a reasonably decent system with 500 MB RAM, then it should run pretty well. There's also a version that strips out extra statics to increase running speed.

Last edited by Borodin; 14-01-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 14-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #209
Tulac
Union Leader

Heh I rememeber I made myself a couple of houses in the MW world, so I can stash and sort stuff that I can't carry. Before that I used just dump it on a random place like mages guild.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 14-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #210
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulac View Post
Heh I rememeber I made myself a couple of houses in the MW world, so I can stash and sort stuff that I can't carry. Before that I used just dump it on a random place like mages guild.
Yeah, I used a bandit-infested cave after removing the inhabitants' lease. Later, I tried a variety of other house mods, including Kahleigh's Retreat and Abu's Retreat. I ended up with one in the Balmora Expansion that I customized heavily using the Construction Set. It had one advantage I've seldom seen, elsewhere: a library room with an administrator who took your books and shelved them, tracking the numbers you had, what was still missing, and the sources. Looked great, too.